Titans defense vs....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We got beat by Thigpen and Williams in 2010! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!! Thigpen shouldn't be doing anything to anyone in 2010, and neither should Ricky Williams.

2. amy

amy Starter

Mediocre coaching equals mediocre playing, even by very talented players.

3. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Despite the statistics that point out poor play or in some cases good play (Sacks/pts. per game/Ints), it's pretty easy to see how mediocre to poor this defense plays game in and game out if you watched the last several games. The reality is that the defense hasn't played well most of the season. The only games they totally dominated were Oakland and Jacksonville. Every other game they've been gashed for tons of yards through the air (Dallas, NYG, Denver, Philly, Chargers) and we were lucky to get timely turnovers in the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles games, otherwise I am pretty well convinced those would have been losses.

The simple facts are that the middle of the field is constantly open, Tulloch, Spoon, and Mcrath are all below average cover guys, and teams we are playing now are exploiting that weakness. I can't figure out why Griffin, who has looked pretty solid all season, has had so much trouble lately covering TE's ? Yeah Gates is probably the gold standard at the position, but otherwise we can't seem to cover TE's and running backs on delayed screens and cross routes in the flat at all WTF ?? Fisher talked a bunch about working on stopping the screens and getting off the field on third downs and it was the same old s**t yesterday ???

Sadly, the defenses struggles are now that much more glaring because the offense has suddenly started to sputter every other possession. Tons of three and outs are starting to expose the fact that this defense has been lucky a lot this year and now that we are losing the time of possession battle almost every week, the fact that they aren't getting to the QB regularly, they can't cover the middle of the field, and they can't stop anyone on third down is finally taking it's toll.

I want to try and maintain a positive outlook, but truthfully, with the upcoming schedule we have, the only wins I feel we might be able to pencil in at this point are the Redskins and Jags, and I don't even feel confident enough in that projection to say those are locks. I could honestly see us going 6-10 as easily as I could see us going 9-7. Frankly if we do better than 9-7 I'll be shocked with this defense.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The scary part is that after a bye-week our defence seemed unprepared to face the wildcat. Did the team not know they were playing Miami? Yes I know they haven't used it much this season, but you still prepare for it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar