Titans Defense Could Return to Form

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

We stayed with Chuck Cecil's defence last year, because Gray didn't feel he had time to install his own. It's mentioned in an interview with him on The Tennessean somewhere.
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I'm ready to see Jurrell Casey, Colin McCarthy, and McCourty turn into Superstars. All 3 should be in the Pro-Bowl this year.

Kamerion Wimbley was an underrated signing. I have a feeling he'll be HUGE this year, 10+ sack season. Biggest question, is who will be on the other side? Morgan is sucking, Ball has concussion problems, and Egboh isn't anything great.

Loving the youth of the D: Klug, Casey, Ayers, McCarthy, Brown, Campbell.. speaking of Tommie, who is hoping he becomes the #3 CB? (having Verner playing nickle, and Campbell outside)
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

We still need that leader on defense. McCarthy?
  4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

just saw that Ryan has been perfect against our defense..... not looking good guys..
  5. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

hows the Falcons TE's doing against us?
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

scrimmage. relax.
  7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

wasnt this a no contact scrimmage?
  8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I want to see better play calling from Gray it looks like he drafts well and puts players in position to play well but I think he needs to be more aggressive.

I still think we have a pass rushing issue Wimbley is gonna need alot of help and I don't think the others are ready.
  9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

Ayers supposedly had Ryan dead to rights...thats a great sign
  10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm reviving this thread after our 1st pre-season game to get a better feel for where our defense is at. Despite the halftime score, I thought our 1st and 2nd team played really well. Some stats I pulled from Titansonline...

The Seahawks gained 62 yards on their opening possession.
    The Seahawks only gained 47 yards the rest of the half.

I knew that our defense played a solid 1st half, but I didn't know their stats were that good. Some other things to note are that our 2nd year guys were our biggest contributors. McCarthy, Klug, Casey, and Ayers all played well. Clayton got him a sack.

I liked what I saw. The Titans defense could return to form.