Titans, Dave Ball agree to one-year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dave Ball is a crazy mofo.

Anyone remember his post-game interview (Bucs game)? I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was very stange.

2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Yeah I know what you're talking about. Other players have made fun of him for being an odd bird for the past couple of years here and there too. He's probably awesome to hang out with.

3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

One thing he said was that tackling Blount was "like trying to tackle a greased up naked guy in the shower."

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Geez. Is Jerry Sandusky on our team?

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It's not "up for grabs" If they go DE round 1.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We better not draft a DE in rd 1.

We have a 1st rd pick in Morgan and are paying Wimbley $7M a year. The commitment has already been made there. If Morgan continues to struggle this year then we look for a DE in rd 1 or 2 next year. Right now those are our 2 starters there.

If Morgan goes out and has 8-9 sacks we have no needs at DE.

My only complaint is that by replacing Jones with Douzable we down graded ourselves. Jones is better.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think we will replace Jones with 2 draft picks taken in one of the top 3 rnds.

We will draft a stouter DT and a pure DE.

I am Jones fan and hope that he blows things up for the Seahawks. I can't blame our FO for not paying 4mil a yr for a guy that wasn't a perfect fit for our system.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm agreeing with RollTide here.

Morgan and Wimbley are our starters. Morgan is finally 100%, lets see what he can do. Douzable replaced JJ & we brought Ball back. There's 4 DEs right there. I still wouldnt mind a 2nd-4th round DE for depth... fighting with Egboh and Sheppard for a spot. Douzable could technically be a DT, for he is 285.

Morgan - Ball
    Casey - Douzable - Marks
    1st Round DT - Klug
    Wimbley - 2nd/4th round DE - Egboh

thats what our DL should look like

9. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Yeah well read my whole post next time.....

"depending on when we draft a DE"

Early yes he obviously makes the team rounds 5-7 is an open competition

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

do you think we could go de at all and keep wimbley at olb for spoon and cut or trade spoon on draft day? i wouldnt mind taking someone like kuechly(spelling) in the first and a dt in the second because their is going to be some solid depth at dt there for us in the second like brandon thompson or worthy....

we also may go konz in the first and i wouldnt complain about that either :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar