Titans contacted Falcons about Schaub

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny

danny Guest

2. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

WTF??? i smell a Volek QB trade, maybe?

3. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

Makes you wonder if the Titans have their eye on someone other than a QB with that #3 pick.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It makes you wonder just how high GMs are on this QB class I think. THe saints opted to pass on a QB through the draft it looks like, the Jets are more interested in Ramsey than drafting a QB it appears, and now we have at least talked about Culpepper and now Schaub. With all these teams who have the opportunity for one of the stud QBs in the draft looking in other places, I think it says something about them maybe not being sold on any of these guys this high up in the draft.

5. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

Send Volek for a 3rd, then get Shuab. This kids gonna be good. Then draft Mario Williams!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont see what the big fuss is about mario williams. he has all the size and speed in the world, but he never produced consistently.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I wouldn't mind getting Schuab then taking D'Brick if the Saints don't.

8. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

I agree if the titans dont draft qb and brick is there tackle is there only o-line spot still not exacxtly set with roos on the left now and no proven player on the right why not go for the brick if you dont go qb a 2nd round MLB and a 3rd round RB/safety then maybe a 4th or 5th round qb we still have mac and volek so a steal like an omar jacobs in the 3rd or even ingle martin if those guys slip that far but a tackle is more of a guarantee as far as draft guarantees go so who knows this draft anticapation is nuts i love it

9. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I brought up last year a scenario of trading for Schaub... and if it was a swap first pick's, Volek for Schaub and the Falcons' third... I would do it in a heartbeat.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

To be honest, I wanted the Titans to draft Schaub back when he came out. But that aside, I don't know about this. Sure, he's had some impressive starts and alot safer than drafting one of the top 3, but isn't he somewhat in the Billy Volek category, just younger and cheaper? Think about it, Billy's had some impressive games when starting too, but it doesn't mean he's starting material. Sure drafting a QB in the top round can be a crap shoot, but in this business you have to gamble, don't you? I mean Atlanta got Vick, Indy got Peyton, Pitt got Rothelisburger, We got Mac at 3, New York got Eli, Philly got McNabb, etc.....see where I'm going with this? Of course there's been the crap shoots (see Cincinati and Smith or San Diego and Leaf), but in this business/league the term "No Guts, No Glory" really applies well, doesn't it?

EDIT: Also, anyone have an account over at Titanscentral.net? If so, could someone see if Bongo has any "Intel" on this link to Shaub?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar