Titans Competition in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 17, 2016.

?
  1. DE

12.2%
  2. DT/NT

15.9%
  3. OLB

9.8%
  4. ILB

12.2%
  5. CB

80.5%
  6. S

65.9%
  7. OT

87.8%
  8. G

29.3%
  9. C

58.5%
  10. WR

36.6%
  11. RB

46.3%
  12. QB2

6.1%
  13. KR/PR

7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

But would lining up further back and not having to focus on one WR give him the opportunity to better read the QB and be a better ball hawk? Honest question, as I can't think of many examples of guys who made the change besides his brother.

2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

when i said reach I was meaning more his closing speed and ball locating abilities. Hes never been that kind of guy.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Charles Woodson made the change, but McCourty is no Woodson..

I just read Paul K say Titans wont move him to Safety so moot point now

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

Do you really believe they won't just because they say they won't though? Especially with FA and the draft looming.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Good point actually, we'll see

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The only reason people are mentioning JM moving to safety is because of his brother. Its not as easy as taking a corner and telling them to play FS. If that were the case, it would happen much more often.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

but FS's never plan on being FS's when theyre younger, everyone wants to be a CB

IDK any FS that ever dreamed of being a FS

you become a FS after you discover you cant play CB.. You can go CB to FS but not the other way around

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

I see it as Robinson trying to throw people off so nobody knows what he's doing. I doubt McCourty actually changes, but I wouldn't say it won't happen just because that's what the GM
    Says in February.

I'm actually not saying it because of his brother. McCourty was hurt all year, always gives a big cushion and is more of a #1.5 CB. Let him line up at the back middle of the defense and see everything, he's the vet on defense. Then use the top pick on the best corner in the draft and the secondary problems could possibly be fixed besides depth.

9. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

The Bad is well stated on this board

So the good or even better .... the hopeful??

Hate to be Captain Obvious but with Mularkey hiring coaches he's familiar with there will continuity moving forward. They'll get together and formulate their game plan and direction. With Robinson being a great evaluator of talent he'll look to fit the best players available to that system. Side note: Stoked with LeBeau staying on. That'll help Robinson even more.

With all that being said, my hope is they make the first pick defense. In order of what I would like Ramsey > Bosa, Buckner, etc. Reasoning is because defense was a bright spot with the exception of the secondary. Enter Ramsey and his talents and maybe we can help the front 7 with a few coverage sacks here and there!??Defense was pretty good and with Ramsey it'll get even better.

Hit FA hard for Oline, ILB, and RB.

Attack the draft using 2nd thru 5th rds looking for WR help and oline to develop. Maybe even a good running back falls to them unexpectedly?? I'll also throw in snagging a good CB if one they have rated high becomes available at their turn.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Ramsey is so confused about it, he's on CBS' draft ranking board as a FS, and the NFL's draft ranking board as a CB.

Might as well have gone with the generic "DB."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar