Titans @ Chargers AFC Wild Card Playoffs Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

We have some real pissy fans. This was a game people gave us no hope of winning, and we shoved that whiny *** offense around for the first half. They were outgunned, but still fought, and yet we still have fans who only want to *****, complain, and whine about firings and what not. Eugck, grow up and enjoy it.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

ha, he can't even get the cheapo yards and completions that defenses GIVE you. From a passing standpoint (since he wants to be known as a QUAR-TER-BACK), is there a worse starting QB in the league?

3. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

How so?

On the long throw that put SD in the red zone, nobody gave up on the play...they were in a horrible zone defense.

On the SD TD throw, nobody gave up on the play...they were in a horrible zone defense.

Vince isn't Warren Moon nor Steve McNair YET. People tend to forget that he's in his 2nd season after leaving college EARLY. That's where Norm Chow comes into play. You can't force a young QB to play out of his element (throw, and dont run until almost sacked) when he's still developing his game.

Now granted, the players screwed the pooch on a few plays, but that would've been offset had the playcalling on both ends would've been a bit smarter.

I see nothing weak about that argument.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I see why Stallworth and probably more receiver prospects in '08 will choose to go elsewhere for less money.

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Anyone that defends VY on this site best be reconsidering their opinion, because VY really did show NOTHING in this game, besides a few completions. Without the ability to scramble, he's as bad as I've seen some time now.

Ok, so we wasted a draft pick on him, chalk it up as a learning experience. Please please, please, no more running QB's.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

it's vinces fault we let up 250 yards of total offense in the 2nd half?

7. pacattack

pacattack Guest

Congrats San Diego on beating us but you will go no further! I am not impressed at all.

8. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Enjoy what ? That the Titans have blown 2 wins against the Chargers ?....come on man, the chargers are not that good...to quit at halftime is embarrassing for the Titans, the Titans organization and for the Titans fans.........maybe some of us fans are pissy because it is a piss poor effort by the Titans offense and the Titans coaching staff.

9. imbread

imbread Starter

is it me or vince has become kerry collins of last year, not impressed at all

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I wouldnt go that far, but he certainly has a long way to go. Some weapons around him would be nice too. I do think next year we will start to see him become a more reliable passer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar