Titans and KVB Begin Contract Talks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would like to see Kyle Vanden Bosch stick around. He is a great locker room guy to have. If he's not busting his butt, then no one is. Keeping players like that help build a team long term, because the younger players will learn from him. Also keep in mind, before his arrival Haynesworth was pretty much mediocre.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i say keep him as long as he doesnt get hurt this year...

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I believe the diff is that Fin was still under contract for peanuts when he agreed to the extension that made him set for life with the signing bonus alone.

Yes, he could have played another year and risked a career ended injury and cashed in big time this off season but he took the more prudent course (IMHO).

Remember that he broke out in 2008 (after being locked up) after showing a lot of promise in 06/07 (but not being a super star).

The Titan's locked him up at the perfect time where it was a win/win for both sides.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Just because all those other teams are stupid enough to overpay for an athlete, doesn't mean the Titan's FO is being cheap.
    And saying that the Raiders of all teams paid a CB 80 million dollars is such a good example. :rolleyes:
    Those other idiot team owners have their version of splurging, we have ours.
    And IDGRA if you disagree.
    What f#cktard on here would have offered Haynesworth 100 million dollars (and believe me, you are a retard if you would)?

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

for the finny talk...as much as i love the guy. and i have been raving bout him sometime it will be interesting to see him play against some more top WRs but this time w/o the aid of one of the most dominant defensive lines in the game. i think he's got the skill to make up for the extra second or two the qb will get.

on to more pressing issues namely this KVB contract extension. i want an admin to attach a pole to this thread to get some opinions (are his best years - behind him or still to come). me im worried with all the injuries will he be able to return to form. also we will have to see, just like finny, if he can play hard if not beside albe (dont forget this guy has only known Titans D beside albe - and that is huge).

i partly worry that kvb's best years are behind him, which is tough to admit considering i got his (kvb's) probowl jersey just last year. ......than again i choose to believe his fiery mentality will not allow him to slouch

6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I don't like the prospect of losing KVB and Bulluck both. I think bulluck has already decided he's done here, so I really hope for the sake of the young guys that KVB at least stays.

7. titan_fan_4ever

...id take the bull over kvb.

for quite a bit of reasons too: he's more of a titan, has had a much more productive career, and was far less injured over it... avoids injury better . also, i trust a 30+ yr old LB more than a DE.

note - refer to my first post on this thread for a good post regarding kvb

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I haven't seen anything to indicate Bulluck is leaning one way or the other. IMO both of them would like to get good enough deals to remain in TN.

Of the two KVB is in the best situation to make a huge contract. If he has double digit sacks this year teams will be willing to pay him huge bucks because pass rushers are always at a premium. Oddly however the Titans probably have more bodies to fill the void at RDE than they do right now at ROLB.

The learning curve for OLB in our scheme is a little tougher and there is no one waiting in the wings. Kegler might have some promise but the drop off could be significant. Thornton isn't a spring chicken either so we really need to find two good OLBs in the next few years. Bulluck on the open market might not be that great of a draw. Certainly the money for OLBs who don't rush the passer is less than for DEs who have a track record.

If I had to pick between either one staying I'd pick Bulluck. We will probably be more willing to offer close to market value on him. KVB however IMO doesn't want to leave so I could see both of them staying and it is my hope they both finish their careers here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Then clearly you missed the Tennessean article where he said that he doesn't think that he'll be back next year. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/180949-keith-bulluck-thinks-this-is-his-last-season-in-tennessee (sorry, couldn't find the actual story link quickly)

You also missed his twitter post right around then "One more year and I'm out."

There have been several indicators that make it look like he's expecting to walk. Whether that's just posturing to put some fear into the titans to increase their offer to him, or whether he really feels that way and is about to make a huge mistake (in my opinion) is up for debate.

In reality, it's silly for Bulluck to leave, but more likely that he will. He's far more valuable to this team than to anyone else. His experience with the coaches and systems, his leadership to the other players, there are so many intangible benefits to him staying here, whether he or the team realizes it. If he goes somewhere else, he'll have to start all over. Another team can't expect him to be as useful as he has been here. The crazy part is that some desperate team will probably offer him more money. However, he and the titans should both be smart enough to keep him here. Keith should be smart enough to sacrifice a few million to set himself up to finish his career successfully and leave himself a solid legacy in Nashville, and the team should be smart enough to make him a reasonable offer, even if it isn't the highest on the market. Both sides need to take a reality check in order for it to work, which makes it unlikely.

I love the guy, but I'm not sure how likely it is that he'll stay. I want to say that there's no way that we'd let him walk, and no way that he'd leave for a little more money. Sadly, I know better.

10. titan_fan_4ever

a ring this upcomin year could make things a lot easier for the titans...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar