Titans and KVB Begin Contract Talks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have begun discussions with the agent for Kyle Vanden Bosch. Vanden Bosch’s agent, Tony Agnone, indicated Friday that the Titans have been talking to him about a potential extension for the defensive end, and that Vanden Bosch is interested in remaining in Tennessee, but that talks are still slow in terms of progress. "We’ve been dialoging all the way," Agnone said. "We’re not intensely negotiating, but we’re just trying figure out where each other is coming from. With the [Steve] McNair situation, and what’s going on with the rookies, I assume we’ll eventually get down to it. But they wanted to reach out and tell us that they want him and we wanted to reach out and tell them we’d like to do something."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Presuming that they reach an agreement sometime before the start of the season, I'll be really interested to see what this contract comes out to. How many years would it be, what kind of guarantees would he get, and what the potential top value could be are all huge. KVB seems like a guy to me that would be willing to take a contract that provided him with opportunities to get big performance bonuses.

I hope they work something out, so the Titans can move on to whoever is next in the contract line. Almost certainly won't happen before Britt's deal gets done though.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

While our FO isn't known to splurge on players by any means, Finnegan was one of those exceptions. He got his nice extension because he busted his bottom and played like a man possessed. KVB has a very similar work ethic/motor and I believe that the FO will treat Kyle the same way they did Finny when they go to make their offer.

I'd rather the FO shell out the $$$ to keep Vanden Bosch than Haynesworth anyway. Yeah. I said it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i wouldn't call the deal finnegan got splurging. i'd say it was a bargain.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

:suspect:
    I would say it's splurging a bit by any team's standards but it's DEFINITELY splurging by our FO.

This deal is nothing to scoff at:
    http://proathletesonly.com/news/loc...erback-cortland-finnegan-through-2011-season/
    I'm sure our FO will give KVB a deal that he will be happy with.

6. Fry

4 years for $17M isn't splurging by anyone's standards. that's $4.25M per year. for a top CB that's pretty much bargain bin when you think about what guys on the open market are getting.

the eagles gave asante samuel a six year deal worth $57M last off-season.

the redskins gave deangelo hall a six year $55M deal this off-season, one season after the raiders gave him a seven year $70M deal.

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

In "07" San Fran gave N.Clements,eight-years, $80 million.

8. Fry

exactly. there's a pattern in all of these deals; the players' yearly average is between 9-10 million per year, while finnegan is getting 4.25.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There is no question that we got Finnegan for a rock bottom cheap deal. We were incredibly lucky to get him for that. We spent some money on Roos and Stewart, but Finnegan certainly wasn't driving a hard bargain. There was plenty to scoff at on that deal. The raiders are paying their corner 15 million per year for the next three years, with most of it guaranteed! We're getting him at a third of that. It really is the best example of a team getting someone way under market value that I've seen in probably the last three seasons.

Man, you picked a bad example of someone the titans spent for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar