Titans and Cook Agree to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As a receiver only a very similar prospect to greg olsen who i would have taken 17th in the draft 3 years ago.

Will never be a good inline blocker but will be a solid player out of the slot and can be a top 10 pass receiving TE.

I'm glad he has a 4 year deal.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

As long as Cook can hang on to the ball he will be a beast. Dinger will know how to utilize his talents. His overall stats might not be through the roof as he learns the game his first year but I expect to see some big plays from him. He will be a real nice replacement for Scaife next year. Excellent pick by the Titans.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

He's going to give opposing DCs fits.
    He's one of several nasty weapons we got between last season and now. I like it.

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Its good to see the Titans getting deals done with their draft picks so they can be in TC on time. Some people don't realize how important it is for these youngs guys to start training camp on time.

5. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

By far my personal favorite pick in the Titans draft. I do think he will put up good numbers this year. I think DC's will try to match him up with a line backer, and they will pay for that mistake. I think by years end he will be covered by a DB. I can hardly wait until the season starts!

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yep. He reminds me of Antonio Gates in the sense of mismatches. He's going to be too elusive for LBs and just too big and athletic for S/CBs (and probably as fast).
    Defenses are now going to have to account for Washington, Britt/Cook (if/whenever they are on the field), Gage, CJ and a lighter LW. It might take a few games to work the bugs out, but once that offense clicks....look the #### out!

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'll give MR and the whole FO a virtual handshake as it appears the whole, sign old man Crumpler, Franchise Scaife and draft a project was all part of a multi year master plan for the TE position. And if that was not the intention then at least it worked out that way - lol

:coltssuk:

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont think it was their plan, i think we are very lucky Cook fell to the 3rd round and the Titans knew enough about him to make the draft pick trade. we might have got the better end of the deal.

News 5 was showing highlights of him today in camp and he made some sweet fingertip catches from VY. he looks like a beast on the field.

wouldnt be surprised if he takes the spot light from Kenny Britt.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he dang well better learn to block downfield if he wants to do more than catch passes from VY in pratice.

Only a little joking there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar