Titans agree to terms with LB Shaun Phillips

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 27, 2014.

1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What do you think of this addition?
  2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Starter

3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

HOLY ****!

HOW MANY SHAUN PHILLIPS ARE WE GOING TO SIGN!?!?!??!?!!!!
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

One of Around The League's top-available free agents has a new home.
    Free-Agent Tracker
    [​IMG]Follow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minute tracking of 2014's free agents. More ...
    The Tennessee Titans announced Thursday that they have agreed to terms with former Denver Broncos defensive end Shaun Phillips. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the contract is for two years and worth up to $6 million, The deal includes $2.5 million in guarantees, per Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.
    New coordinator Ray Horton has been seeking a proven edge rusher for his 3-4 defense since losing top target LaMarr Woodley to the Raiders.
    Phillips, turning 33 in May, was the fallback option as the best available pass rusher. He's totaled 19.5 sacks over the last two seasons, shifting from outside linebacker in San Diego to defensive end in Denver.
    Once the Broncos moved on to DeMarcus Ware, the Titans were Phillips' best fit.
    Expect Phillips to work in a rotation with Akeem Ayers and Derrick Morgan -- leaving high-priced veteran Kamerion Wimbley as a candidate for release.
  6. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

happened a while ago gotitans.com is late to the party!
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Tungtide

Tungtide The Freak

I like the Jekyll and Hyde answer thing. I almost thought you were serious with the first half until I read the second half. I belief dumberst is actually a brand new word.

I agree on this signing. Webster is quietly assembling quite a bit of talent for Whiz and Company to work with. I agree with others that maybe they should go best available now, unless the scouts see enough out of someone in this QB class that helps them sway the pick. If they do, that would give us a possible future starter in the event that things don't go well with Jake. I do think they got to give Jake the opportunity, but they can't keep mortgaging the future when Jake has been so injury plagued. It would be smart to draft next year's competition now so he has a year in the system. Should Jake have another injury we have Whitehurst's backup in place until he earns the job outright.
  9. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Darqueze Dennard
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Blind faith more like it.
    • High Five High Five x 3