Titans Add TE Blakley to Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans have added their second former Falcon TE to the roster by agreeing to terms with Dwayne Blakley today. "The Titans made a nice offer," Blakley's agent said. "We talked to some other teams, but he really liked Tennessee." Blakley finished the 2003 season on the Titans’ practice squad and took part in training camp in ’04 before being released. Last season, he had seven receptions for 48 yards. The 6-4, 257 pounder had a total of 21 catches for 189 yards and one TD while with the Falcons.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

That eliminates one need in the draft

3. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

terms of the contract?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One-year. I've not seen the numbers but it's probably the vet minimum of $720k which, if I understand correctly, only counts $435k against the cap. Maybe a small signing bonus and some incentives.

It takes the pressure off of getting a TE early in the draft. If they have a talent drop to them, then they don't have a lot tied up in Blakley.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Welcome back Blakely. He showed a lot in training camp/preseason, and I was upset we let him go. But didnt do much for the falcons.
    Hopefully he clicks here.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'll tell you why this pick-up bothers me a little.

1) It shows that the FO is worried about Crumplers condition
    2) It shows that we really love former Titans players/affiliates

Other than that, i'm glad we have someone better than Troupe on the squad, welcome new titan!

CRUMPLER, SCAIFE, BLAKELEY...I like the sound of that better than SCAIFE, TROUPE, HARTSOCK

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Blakley wasn't signed because of Crumpler's knees

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

crumpler is fine man lol dont think we woulda signed him if he wasnt, but with that said. you all know how much vince loves his te's so i think that we finally gave him a nice core of tes

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Crumpler, Scaife, Blakley > Scaife, Troupe, Hartsock

10. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

We needed a 3rd TE and this allows them to mark something off the list of potential draft picks. I like this pick. We didn't need another TE that would want to be a #1 TE, but someone to provide decent back-up minutes. I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar