Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

In today's pass happy league you have to have 3 good CB's. Right now we have two #2 CB's starting for us and right now no one else, Campbell's time is running out and Coty was just a rookie and we're not sure what we're going to get from him. Even with a pass rush a QB is still going to pick apart our guys.
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

Very happy with the pick, it's who I wanted. You can't have CJ getting hit in the backfield and our young QB running for his life. This pick will help us sustain drives (along with green), keep the defense of the field to rest longer, and should put mor points on the board.

Have you people already forgot that 5 of the 10 OLmen in this years superbowl were 1st rounders. 50%! I think that says all it needs to. We should have a solid OLine next year, and it will be make or break for Locker, and maybe CJ too.

Second round, I would love to get Te'o if he's still there, can't believe he wasn't picked in the first. I don't care about the stupid situation, the dude shows up on the field plain and simple. If he's there and we don't take him, I'll be very pissed. I hope we go D heavy for the rest of the draft, our O should be good for next year as Locker can fins come consistency.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

See, now you're just pulling things out of your ass. If that were the case this wouldn't be the first time in 15 years that a guard went in the top ten.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hey JCBRAVE, remember when you said "we ain't taking no freaking guard at 10" just because of the comments Munch made?

And remember when I told you that you're setting yourself up for a major letdown if that was your attitude?

Yep.

I was soooo happy to see Mingo go at #6 and Milliner go at #9. I knew we couldn't screw up once they were gone.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

I am very happy with the pick especially after seeing Long, Pugh and Frederick get picked later in the first. It is extraordinarily rare to have that many interior OL go in the 1st. Warford is the only guy I'd like in the 2nd and their is no guarantee he is on the board. Titans let the draft come to them and took a top player at our top position of need. Hard to complain about that.

The 2nd and 3rd rnds of this draft is really the strength of this draft. It was a horrible draft for top end players. That is why you can't get caught up on a guard at #10 because in any other year the OGs get pushed down the board to the later part of the draft. Just happened that their were no decent players to push them down the board.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

It's a safe pick and I'm alright with it. Locker + CJ really needed that, and as we've all said, no excuses now. They both have to ball out this year.

We should have one MEAN OL, hopefully reminiscent of the late 90s/early 2000s Titan OL's.

Titans football used to be about winning games in the trenches. Let's get back to that.
  7. titans1839

titans1839 Special Teams Standout

What? U just made my point. If those two G were on par with G every year they would have fallen and not be rumored to almost every team 6-15. and why no other G was taking after
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Kyle Long was taken after.
  9. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion Tip Jar Donor

I ain't even mad bro. I was stuck on Warmack for a long time and just changed to Milliner a couple days ago. Gotta say I was kinda mad when the Jets took Milliner right before us, but we went with the right guy.