Titans 1st 4 rounds/1.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay I'll be making a new mock draft once every week. Which would give time for Titans off-season moves to make adjustments. So let's begin.

1st:Quentin Groves-(Aub)(DE/OLB) DL is now more of an issue with now losing 2 DE's. WR is so deep this year I wouldn't be worried. Groves is a great pass rusher and all-time leader in sacks at Auburn. Can also play OLB.

2nd:Mario Manningham-(MICH)(WR) Great all-around WR needs to bulk up a little but is still very good. Great speed and a future star. Would make an instant impact on the team. A big time player who can be a #1.

3rd:Earl Bennett-(Vandy)(WR) Broke a lot of records at Vandy and if he does drop to the third which I think he will he is a must pick. This would give another weapon for Young. Very good possession WR who can catch the ball well and is also a deep threat.

4th:King Dunlap-(Aub)(OL) He's is huge. Haynesworth huge as an a OL. He plays both T and G and is a very good blocker. Needs to work a little bit but is a great pick in this round. Could start at beginning of the season.

Now to add a few player from free agency: Warrick Dunn, D.J. Hackett, Scaife, and other backups.

So with this draft and off-season Young has many weapons Hackett, Williams, Gage, Manningham, Bennett, and Crumpler. Not to mention the new and improved running game. So now the offense can score more than 6 points in a playoff game.

I don't have a list of free agents that's what I put backups but the defense should still be in good shape.
  2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

hahahahahaha:ha:
    Big King is actually a close friend of mine. He was an absolute beast in high school but particularly struggled in college mostly due to coaching. He is very raw, but may be a good pick up in a later round to play the line. I think he may be a bit too tall to play OG at the pro level in our style of offense
  3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I've been wondering the impact Odom and Laboy's signings will have on our draft if we choose to go DE in the first round. Most people had Cincy taking a DE ahead of us, but they obviously don't need to now.
  4. The Playmaker

Oh yeah your right it was mostly coaching. I think though he has played a little OG just a couple of spot starts.
  5. The Playmaker

Considering it would be easy for the Titans to sign WR's(still waiting) the best way to go in the 1st is a DE just because the WR position is so deep this year and their isn't any more quality DE's in free agency.
  6. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

whats the chances ohio state's vernon gholston's stock could fall a bit so we could get him with the 24th?
  7. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Being as this kid has all the tools, physical prowess, looks like a freaking body builder I'd say slim to none, But if they traded up for him i would not complain.
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I give it 3 weeks before Gholston is suspended for HGH anyway. He's clearly a steroid user. But if the .1% chance he isn't, I'd take him, for sure.
  9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I think OSU has a real steroid problem just look back at their team in 2k5. They had one of the best defenses I have ever seen and they were lead by 3 linebackers that looked like cavemen. No way those guys weren't juiced. Gholston is out of the same mold, besides he never played up to the level of his measurables.
  10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Right now I'm torn on whether to go WR round 1 even though its a deep class or go DE/CB round 1 since they aren't as deep.

If we go WR I want James Hardy or wait until round 2 for a guy like Manningham, Bennett, or even Nelson.

If we go DE like Groves we have to go WR round 2 obviously.

Honestly though I think we have to consider a top CB falling to us as a possibility like Cason, maybe Jenkins or Talib, and even Reggie Smith.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.