Thoughts on Blount and Kongado

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by adamwinn51, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Both looked strong to me tonight. I would like to see Blount ealier in the game . . . see how he does with the ones and twos. He ran with power, but also showed patience finding the hole. He also seemed to have pretty good feet and the ability to jump over people. Kongado had great power and hit the hole fast. Who makes the team? Can both? Love to hear people's thoughts.

2. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Kongado? Do you mean Samkon Gado?

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

:ha: @ Kongado.

They'll both make the team. Pearman will get cut.

4. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

i agree that pearman will get cut,but i dont think they both make the team.im going with blount.i like the guy he played hard tonight and jon gruden got it right by saying he can feel his presence when he hits people.they both did good but blount has way to much upside to him to give up on.i mean come on 6'0 240 pounds with that kinda power and showed some moves to.blounts my guy.if he doesnt make the team hes gunna punch out fisher lol.its funny but he does have to get over that punching stuff in football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think that we'll keep 3 RBs.

CJ2K - Blount - Ringer

Pearman and Gado will get cut. I like Gado, but we have no need for 4 RBs. CJ took 85% of the carries last year. I think if CJ got 20 carries a game, Ringer/Blount could get 5-7carries and we'd be set.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Right now I'm hoping we keep Gado, and Blount and lose Ringer and Pearman. I doubt that happens though.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The hate for Ringer on this board is dumbfounding.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Idk if this post was referring to me, but I actually like Ringer, howecer from what I have seen of him this year, compared to Blount and Gado, he doesn't fit the bill as well as them. Especially when you consider their main purpose will be to give CJ a rest, so why would we want another finesse back behind Ringer, when we could have a grinder like Blount/Gado?

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

All the Ringer has done throughout the preseason is average over 6 YPC, catch everything thrown to him and hold up in pass protection. What more can you ask of a guy?

I still don't think our #3 back is on the roster. Whoever the third back is will be more valuable as a special teamer than a runner. Ringer had eight carries last year when he was third string.

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

we will keep 4 RBs + FB like we have the past 2-3 years

So I think we will end up keeping Johnson, Ringer, Gado and Blount

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar