This is why you keep veterans around.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CollinsQB, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think KB was a bit overrated as a leader. He was definitely outspoken and always good for a funny sound bite midweek, but we had a few bad defenses while he was here.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I call BS!!!

Where was Bulluck's "leadership" last year when we were 0-6? Nowhere.

He was a bum like everyone else last year, and he was gone by the time VY righted the ship.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I mean, I know those special teamers have made all the difference in getting us 5 wins this season but...

Considering we could've kept Mawae and Bulluck for next to nothing on 1 year deals in a non capped year.... yeah, it couldn't hurt.

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I don't get this, it's always "VY" righted the ship or saved the season, have you checked the stats for our defense last year when we were on that losing streak? I didn't know VY played defense. What about all those on the money passes our receivers were dropping in almost every game.

Last I checked he was our starting QB this year and we we're still 5-5 until this week. Sitting on the bench nursing an injury because you were diving for one of your fumbles or quitting on your team or throwing temper tantrums doesn't help teams win games. I think one of the main reason our season fell apart this year is because when your leader...the Qb is spoiled, immature and lazy then that's the tempo set for the rest of them and that's exactly how the team has been playing too. The best season we've had since the McNair era was '08 and Mr. Wonderful was on the bench. How do explain that?

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Just because they are "vets" doesn't mean they are leaders..VY was more of a leader his rookie year than Collins ever has.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Moss and Collins did a tour of duty in Oakland, and came out clean on the other side, I mean, well, ok they are f'd up too. All hell has broken loose under the Fisher King.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Believe me, I am not a VY defender, but he was the reason we won some games last year. They played better when he was in, unfortunately the same doesn't happen when he's the full-time starter.

8. VOLS_and_TITANS

VOLS_and_TITANS Starter

first of all not going after haynesworth was a big mistake,i mean cmon second round pick,when you know what he has done in the past with the 4-3 defense,and were can you get a great line man that big and good from college,i mean we get derrick morgan,which i didnt want,then sen marks other year,they both couldnt get a sack if they tried,we have no d-linb,thats why we losing,and the o line isnt blocking on running game .

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YITw2d-qlDs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YITw2d-qlDs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar