This is why I try and do my own work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GoT, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm just lucky my mechanic is a family friend.

3. It's easy enough to do that they don't get caught (by the normal customer, anyway). If you know enough about your car to catch them in it, you don't need to go to them in the first place...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I saw a guy on 20/20 once convince a woman to pay $100 to change the air in her tires... this was in addition to paying for a part that did not need replacements, nor was replaced. :sad2: btw- for some reason I could not get that video to play for me. I've changed my own oil and the worst thing about it apart from a little mess is the time it takes. Plus the oil filter is always a pain, otherwise, it's a snap. I've got a pan/jug. I still prefer a change service... (just recently used walmart for the first time) was nice to have that already done once we left the store. Maybe for a simple oil change I can feel good about Wal-Mart, because at least you know that everybody in that store on every level has got somebody staring down their subbordinates so they don't lose their own jobs. It's freaking crazy how long some of the walmart "lifers" have been there. There are some real kool-aide drinkers in wal-marts middle management that's for sure. You know there is a real anal-attentive guy running that garage making sure those boys do it right. Poor saps. And screw Wal-Mart btw! I hate that freakin place.

5. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I am more than happy my garanty went off so I can do all that stuff myself

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they make you go to the dealer while the warranty is in place. Ford is more flexible than that anyways.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Yep, i have a mitshubishi 3 yeras garanty, and now I do it all myself (got a comfortable pit to change oil and filter)

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lucky you. I got ramps and a creeper, but they work well enough I guess.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar