This interview should end all the VY talk.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The majority of Titans fans gave up on him after a season in which he really wasn't a threat to run due to injuries, and a pre-season that was, well, less than stellar. When he didn't have his best game going in the opener, the fans didn't support him, they turned their backs on him. Fact is, almost every game Vince has struggled in was due in large part to his best strength, his speed, agility, and threat to take off. Everyone deserves blame here. Vince reacted terribly to the situation, there's no doubt about that, but here's a question for the coaching staff. Why make Vince be a pocket QB, again, due to his injuries, when Kerry Collins is right there holding a clipboard? Vince's career would be much different right now if not for playing injured, and fans complaining about him not playing well as a pocket QB. He's not a pocket QB!! Let Vince be Vince, and if his legs are hurt, for Tom Cruise's sake put Kerry in there.The coaching staff, and the fans, are to blame as well. Vince's career has taken hits. Some of them deserved, and some of them kind of unfair imo. He did win rookie of the year you know? He did win a BCS championship almost literally by himself. He's been a star all of his football life, and he's complete butt after one bad, injury riddled season? A season in which the Titans made the playoffs? Seriously, what's that all about?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Let put it in real world terms and examples..........This is my take in comparing to a corporate job. :wink2:

A big company, selling a product (yes, thats what the Titans/NFL are). New Sales Rep comes in, has a decent year, not great but decent. Wins a few "new guy" awards at the annual corporate sales meeting. In his second year, new guy is now experienced but his production and sales volume drops off, even though he got a raise from first year. Gets an average performance evaluation. OK, no problem, this new Rep has tons of potential, he'll do better.....we'll give him a another chance.

For year three, this company introduces a new, better product to sell and the entire company from management to janitors has to come in for training. New guy shows up for only a few training sessions. New guy falls behind his peers in learning about the new product at training, but because new guy has potential and makes more money than the older, wiser guy he is given the chance based on the investment.

Now....New guy blows the chance, Blows a BIG sale. Company is dissapointed and mad. Older guy, who is slower, took the time to learn about the product at training is given the chance to get his career going again and achieve big commissions in the future. In sales, he had whats called "fire in the belly". Older guy had the fire, new guy just rested on his laurels and sits in a precarious position since the company boss has to pay bucks next year for a rep that is average at best at his job.

Tortoise or the hair. Tortoise will eventually win the race each time.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I did, but it doesn't invalidate my statement that no one touched him.
    :grrhee:
    I should have said, no one was even kinda near him when he ran.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, get real this was a practice. They aren't going to let anyone touch a QB. Doesn't matter whether it was Collins, Ramsey or "I Just Had to Vent" Young.

Hell you might look awesome running the team in practice. That doesn't mean you are the starting QB for the Titans :ha:

5. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Both are very good posts! But I would say that latter scenario doesn't really match up.

I mean, for what you said, it matches whats going on, but in the corporate world, if said sales rep really messed up as bad as the media plays on Vince, (granted some of it is his responsibility) then he would already be terminated.

Now, were in the entertainment world of the NFL. The media and fans are going to prey on every move he makes. A player can bring down a franchise but sometimes after gaining new perspective after being sat down, he may lift the franchise up to where it belongs.

Regardless, were all just spouting off our opinions and we'll know when we know.

No reason for any one to take any thing said on this forum too personally. (Not that you two have.)

6. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

You're absolutely right! But practice is where the starting QB is decided upon by the coaching staff. So him gaining confidence here is where he earns his job back and becomes the QB he is expected to be.

But anyway, I already knew and understood your POV on the clip of him scrambling. Until we see him at game speed doing those things, it doesn't matter how good he looks in practice. So excellent point.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Vince needs to step up and prove people wrong when they critcize him, and not react the way he did last September. That was lame, but I'm not gonna give up on him. The guy has proven himself a star at the high school, college, and pro levels. Yes, he had some emotional problems when things went wrong for him for the first time in his football career. I just really don't think we are talking about this, if VInce hadn't played hurt for basically the entire 07 season. Sometimes fans don't really analyze the situation correctly. They just see Vince holding the ball looking for a receiver, throwing incomplete, and never even consider that the scramble threat alone when he steps up in the pocket opens up receivers, and we ALL know what happens when he does decide to take off. A Vince that can't do those things is a Vince who should have been on the sideline healing up. Kerry has already shown he is capable of being a pocket QB. He should have been playing while Vince had the quad injury. If Vince had played 07 healthy, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and most of the Titans fans that bash Vince daily would be wearing Titans jerseys with a #10 on them. Just my opinion.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Did anyone touch him? (answer this as a witness answering an attorney cross-examining them. they want, yes or no. they do not want an explanation as to why).

Not arguing that. I just made the statement that no one touched him when he ran. Was I wrong? (regardless of the situation/scenario).

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:makefun2: :rolleyes: :crazy::

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not sure I get this... if you're trying to say that that's all you were trying to say was that no one touched him, then that's fine, you're right that no one physically touched him. But it's a worthless point to make if they're not even going full speed in a practice session.

Heck, I saw Young in the mall one time for several minutes, and no one tackled him. That's what convinced me that he's got what it takes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar