Things might start looking up for the Titans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm good with our D-Line, but not good with our O-Line. I think our interior is good enough to make up for the lack of production we might get from Morgan/Egboh. In effect, they might play better because the other guys are demanding double teams.

The O-Line still concerns me though. They look good in pass protection but are still struggling in the run game. If you look at other teams, their RB's have huge holes to run through. We're just not getting enough push when we run. I don't know if its purely personnel, some of it could be scheme. Whatever it is, it needs to get fixed. Hopefully our receiving core will be good enough this year to take the pressure off of the run game.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

You are basing your opinion on 1 set of preseason games? Seriously?

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I think you missed one important question...
    -Can CJ get his head out of his ass?

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We need to be 2 and 2 after four games and we are fine. I really think houston took a step back in the offseason and we have a real shot at them. We just cant be O-4. I really believe the defense will be better and our weekness is DE. But I have a feeling we are going to run more hybrid 3/4 defense and Ayers and maybe Brown will shine in those fronts with McCarthy and Witherspoon in the middle. Jerry Gray is a top notch defensive cord. and full off season will allow them to do much more

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's included in the run blocking question. Its not all CJs fault, its also the fact that we have one of the worst run blocking in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If you know what your looking for ;)

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I keep going back and forth, the Titans to me are a different team on different days. Watching them last week made me think we could be as bad as 7-9. But realistically looking at it I think we go 10-6 and get a wildcard.

Next year we need to load up at DE. Like draft there in the first 3 rounds then get a center, and a guard or two to develop. Any big name DE's coming available as free agents next year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar