The "What should we do?" Poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CricketChapman, Nov 29, 2010.

?
  1. Fire Jeff Fisher immediately

6.5%
  2. Fire Fisher after the season; tell new coach that VY is our QB

14.5%
  3. Fire Fisher after the season; allow new coach to choose who his QB will be

43.5%
  4. Fire Fisher after the season; Release VY after the season

16.1%
  5. Keep Fisher; release VY after the season

16.1%
  6. Keep Fisher; Keep VY. Maintain the status quo

3.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Firing Fisher immediately allows you to audition someone else on his staff without committing to them.

Fire him now and let McGinnis close out the season.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Truth be told, Fisher should have been gone last year after the New England game. The second half of the season bought him another year, it's time to move on.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If you're a Titans fan then you should already know how the season is going to pan out.

4. Sandman62

Sandman62 Camp Fodder

I think just the general sense of things spinning out of control makes most fans want a new beginning. If Fisher and Co win out and finish 10-6 then some argument could be made to retain him.

VY is another story entirely. I think for the sake of the team, Bud Adams should have shown support to Fisher and demonstarted a unified front. You may have some players showing passive agressive behavior by not laying it out on the line every game thinking that by so doing they are showing support to Vince.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Maybe without Fisher we can finally get that show we've always wanted...

Hard Knocks. (For the record, I could care less about that show)

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

7. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

I really hate to say it because I do like Fisher, but it is time for him to go. At the very most give him his last year on the contract, but I think it would be better to start a new era for the organization. I think Fisher and Young should go. Yes VY has some talent, but the fact is he has publicly shamed this team and himself twice now. He is no leader. What has been happening behind the scenes? Does he go and cry in the locker room after every bad game, or decision that does not side to his likings? We have a pretty good team, but they need new leaders. OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW!!! It is time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

I'm a bit torn between options 4 and 5, but if the season plays out like I expect it to (8-8 at best), I think the organization ought to get rid of both VY and Fisher.

I've wanted to see VY succeed as much as anyone, but its clear that he doesn't have the intelligence, maturity, and intangibles to be a quality NFL QB, regardless of his physical attributes. The window has closed on VY.

Of course I'm angry and disappointed at how this season has turned out, and I think two bad losing streaks in two years is unacceptable for any coach. What concerns me is, realistically, who can the Titans get to coach this team who can turn things around? I don't see guys like Gruden or Cowher coming to a team like this in a relatively small market with relatively little winning tradition. Look at what's going on with McDaniels in Denver and Singletary in SF. Rebuilding and finding a QB will be difficult enough, but to attempt to find a coach too will be extremely tough. Perhaps we should give Fisher the last year of his contract to try to turn the ship around.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Fire Fisher after the season; allow new coach to choose who his QB will be.

If the new coach wants VY, give him a whirl. If it doesn't work... VYs contract is up after next year. If he wants to draft a QB, let 'em. Just get FIsh outa here

10. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

I think the new coach should be able to pick his QB. But, I really wish he'd pick VY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar