The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The first trailer from a few months back looked pretty good - but the new one looked a bit like they were adding a Van Helsing comic book spin to it..
    I hope it's a gothic horror film and not the other..

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

looks like a definite wait until out on video/Netflix/whatever else. This has been done to death, and there is only so many times you can tell a story and keep it interesting, without butchering where it came from..

But like I said earlier.. a movie that stuck to the original book would be a drama more than action/horror/thriller. So it probably won't happen often... because horror fans probably don't want to see a Frankenstein soap opera, and drama fans don't want to see Frankenstein. To the masses, Frankenstein is the scary Halloween monster, and nothing else. Not many read books (I wouldn't have, but I was forced in school. it was a good read.)

Not to mention there is no Igor in the novel. And he is the central character in the movie, evidently.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Frankenstein/Dracula movies have almost entirely been inspired by the Karloff/Lugosi models. I won't lie I prefer those lineages to the original novel attempts. Not sure they have ever fully taken a run at the original Dracula tale. Even the 90's "Bram Stoker's Dracula" borrowed a major narrative from the original Mummy movie.
    This clip starts off with some very Hammer inspired scenes - but ends up closer to slow-mo semi wire-fu nonsense you might see in Resident Evil or something of that ilk. The Wolfman remake suffered some of the same BS so I expect similar.
    I have my ideas of how a Frankenstein movie should be done in 2015 but that will simply never happen.

#1073 CRUDS, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

I, Frankenstein was pretty good.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Just kidding...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Thank god

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I watched about 10 minutes on Netflix.. then understood why it got 1-2 stars, and turned it off. Got better things to do than give a crappy movie 30 minutes to see if it gets better.

Frankenstein (the novel) is a very deep and powerful look into humanity, and some of these things make a total laughingstock of it.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Sarah from Chuck explains the 2nd star...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To be fair, at this point all of Frankenstein culture is pretty far removed from the novel.
    I have a special, old print of Frankenstein with each page hand cut. One of my favorite things along with a first edition of Dracula that I got eons ago.
    Both sit next to my Vincent Price cookbook :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RTH

RTH Meh...

They find Glenn under the dumpster and take him back to Alexandria. They never show him, the state he's in... until the Fall Finale when his wife enters the infirmary to finally see him and we also finally see him:

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar