the Vick/Young wildcat - 'dinger style

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Awareness is always the first step towards solving an issue.

That is exactly the point, we have become so smart that by not paying attention to what we do we are attempting against our own survival. We seem to be the only animal doing that.

With privileges come responsibilities, having the kind of power that we have we should at least know how we are affecting our own survival. What we are talking about here is only the tip of the iceberg, there are many created interests that keep people living "comfortably numb" but anyway. I myself am no saint when it comes to protecting the planet, but at least I'm ashamed of my lack of contribution instead of boasting about it.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This doesn't really even frame the issue though. We may very well be aware that we can alter the planet, the issue is that we have no ability to realistically predict how that would happen, and how we could alter it. Are you referring to a specific kind of power? So far this has been a remarkably generic discussion. What's the real effect here, anyway? Hey, everyone, we have the capability to alter the planet, don't screw it up! Is that all that we're supposed to be "aware" of? "Protecting the planet" requires the knowledge of what will actually harm it. We really don't know that, and have a heck of a time predicting it.

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

1. I never said that being aware was the only thing to do.
    2. If you canĀ“t see the destructive power that we have just by spreading all over the globe, then pick up a book, watch the Discovery channel every once in a while, or browse the internet and find out.
    3. We do have the knoweledge of what is destroying it. We don't know absolutely everything but enough to predict the outcome.

I wish I lived in your world, where You don't know anything, You don't want to know, so You're not reponsible for what You do. It must be nice!

6. GoTitans3801

Sorry, I don't believe everything I read on the internet, that would mean that I'd have to buy into junk like this (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2006/06/01/feminism-destroying-the-planet/). What exactly is on the Discovery channel that shows our destructive power? Is it dirty jobs, or deadliest catch? I'm very familiar with world/environmental issues, I'm just also aware of the limits of our knowledge, as well as the limits of our personal knowledge on the actions of billions of other people. If you think that you're doing your part by being personally "aware," I wouldn't say that you're doing any more than I am. I'm responsible for my actions and the things that I can control or effect.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr6k92zjQPo

8. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

I don't believe everything that's on the internet either, that's why you have to get the info from different sources so you can decide what to believe or not.

Anyhow, too bad you got stuck on the word "aware", and I never said I was doing more than you, I just mentioned something that bothered me. Communication is always an issue, specialy when we have set our minds to what we want to hear. Anyway, cheers!:cheers3:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoTitans3801

Well, you're definitely dealing in some hypocricy, so it's a good thing that you're aware of it. Too bad you're the only one capable of such highly intellectual ideas. You've really broadened this debate and added to it, in addition to introducing us all to this brilliant artist. Bet he goes far, and if he doesn't, I'm sure it's because he's so far above everyone else's understanding.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Never said I was the only one. Just obviously one of the very few in this thread. Anyway- let it go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar