The truth about what we need

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanicvolfan, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

but you dont know the effects of a serious knee injury, that much is clear.

2. Hill made big plays and he gave big plays up also to lesser talented receivers than those that Andre was beat by earlier this year, i.e. Holt, i.e. Harrison. Then he made a tackle on Harrison as he stretched out for a TD in the second Colts game which was after he returned from injury. Other than that, playing against receivers in the slot, he has not been beat for anything over 13 yards since he returned. The only missed tackle I saw was on Ricky Williams, on the single play that Ricky broke about 7 Titan tackles. Beyond that, he has not been beat for anymore TDs or big plays and he did not get beat on any pass plays in the last game. Now, rookies, vets whatever, position in the draft, whatever (Pacs was higher). Both Pac and Hill have gotten burned often as well but of course it is expected and dismissed to learning because they are rookies. Hope you really pay attention, because Andre has two more years on his guaranteed contract and as you said in your words the jury is still out on Hill. Pac has so many areas of contribution in an explosive way, so the competition will be with Hill..... Ok, I vented.... Now, the way I see it is this. Fisher is consistent and he does not, and I repeat does not award positions just because. I know from (personal) conversations with Andre that he is not satisfied where he is and views his losing the starting job as another challenge. He will not settle for just being the 3rd best corner on the team as the nickle, etc. He will battle and work hard and next training camp, he will challenge Hill and our consistent coach Jeff Fisher, will award the battle to whomever wins out. This season is done.... a wash..... I will remind everyone next year as the battle ensues at training camp and throughout preseason. A bust fades away and disappears, continues to decline.... You will never see Andre Woolfolk quit fighting with all he has. He is all positive, never die in his approach.... period. I am sure a lot of fans want to see him gone, but there are many that would like to see him succeed as well. Don't get me wrong, Hill is good and I like his play, but he has been beaten as well. My main point simply is that the Titans won't show him the door and a corner battle will exist next training camp, so accept it and wait for it.:thumb: P.S. If you cannot pronounce Woolfolk, something is wrong with your speaking ability.....

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hill stays on the field, woolfolk doesnt. i'll take a lesser talented player who is there day in and day out over someone who is there half of the time.

4. Fair statement. Hill is in his first year. Do you think he will really go his entire tenure with the team never nicked or hurt... .I hope so. I hope nobody ever gets hurt, but the more you are on the field, the more chance you have of getting hurt. Andre's injuries in his first two years both came on special teams plays in which he made the tackles and was caught up in the pile....Both joint injuries.... Ahh, no training or conditioning involved there. Those injuries were in pile ups. This years injury that made him miss 4 games was a groin.... Happens to about 50 % of corners/receivers in the league. Hopefully Hill can avoid the injury bug. Andre said himself that the injury and then losing his starting job was the worst day in his life. Then that he will never give up on being a corner and that is what he will always compete to be.... That is a quote. It doesn't matter what we want. All that will make the difference is what happens in the next camp. He will challenge Hill and may the best performing corner at that time win....

5. BigTitan .... Are you an Ohio State Fan???? Uuuggghhh, LOL, just picking, but I don't like them.... everyone, please disregard this as an off the topic sidebar, irrelevant statement to this thread

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

since you havent done a knee you havent a clue on what its like, the psychological factors - worrying about a weaker knee, when and if it will happen again, what its like to take the next big hit flush on the knee, where is the nearest defender when your trying to catch, is he aiming for your knee, will it hold up, etc etc.

The physical factors - run slower, getting strength back in the knee, running again, cutting. Getting back into physical shape where you were before it happened.
    He worked on his hands before it happened, he wouldn't have worked on it for ages while rehabbing his knee. He is basically back to where he was without as much speed.

It affects you more then you know

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there you go assuming again

what makes you think i've never "done" a knee ?

and btw,...... if Ty's head was so "screwed up" because of injury, why in the heck does he catch the ball in practice and not in games ?

whether or not he catches the ball has no bearing on if a defender will cut out his kness .... your theory is flawed

and (as always) you are completely avoiding the POINT
    he's gonna get hit whether he catches it or not

if he's shy about getting hit, then he needs to not play

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

because I asked you and you completly avoided the question.

I never said so screwed up, so no need for the talking marks.

1. How do you know he catched them in practice?
    2. Its easier to catch in practice because there is hardly any hitting, everyone knows he has had a knee reco, we cant tackle anyway and for all we know he may sit it out.

hardly flawed, you just have no idea about the impact of a knee injury. You do a knee your more worried about your knee then catching a ball. You wont be focusing 100% on catching a ball, more worried about your knee.

so telling you the problems of a knee reco is avoiding the point of Calico and his knee reco.

Ok, go back to your Nintendo.

Thats upto him not me.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Go back to your Nintendo? :ha:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah, the ultimate insult. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar