Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Titans "FIRE EM ALL" poll - Coaching

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Creeping-Cruds, Dec 13, 2012.

?

Which is closest your preference - Should Titans:

Fire the entire staff and hire entirely from outside 40 vote(s) 69.0%
Fire Munchak, promote HC from within and allow new HC to assemble staff 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Keep Munchak - require he fires the rest - 6 vote(s) 10.3%
Fire nobody 3 vote(s) 5.2%
Move team to London 3 vote(s) 5.2%
My hair is on fire 6 vote(s) 10.3%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,863
    I didn't like Munchak from the beginning..the dude never shows any kind of emotion..imagine how horrible his pregame and half time speeches are...I say fire him, bring in a new coach and start fresh next season with a coach that can actually coach...
  2. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
    • Tip Jar Donor

CheeseheadTitan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $452
    The closest choice to mine is firing everyone. I would like to see Munchak gone, but I would like to see Tom Moore stick around.

I think that if we lose to the Hags, finishing 0-6 in the division, Munchak is out. He may be out anyway (unless we win out, which I think is incredibly unlikely).

When Munchak was hired, I thought at the time (and still do) that he was brought in to be a bridge...remember, back then the CBA was staring us in the face, and our QB was on his way out. There needed to be some semblance of continuity at that point in time. However, I really did not seeing this being more than a 1-2 year deal unless he really did well (which he has not).

It is better to do this now (end of season)....clean cut while Jake is still in a formative phase in his career.
  3. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $11,157
    If you vote second option you're a complete idiot.
    SlidePiece and Titan43 high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,251
    You lose your best CB, your biggest addition is a DE from the Raiders, you a have a second year QB that got hurt, your entire starting O-line has been hurt and 3/5th (maybe 4/5th?) have missed games.

Call it excuses but it is what it is.

We made a run at Peyton. If we had landed Manning we would be the Broncos except a wildcard because of the Texans. Would Munch be any better of a coach? Would we be talking about firing him?

One more year for Munch unless lose out or lose by 42+. Locker + Munch year 3. Just need the Titans to spend money on some D free agents that can start.
  4. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $11,157
    I know we differ greatly regarding Munch. But I'm wondering what's your reasoning behind this? Why should he be fired if we lose the next 3 but should keep his job if we only lose 2 out of 3? What difference does that one measly win make in a season that has been such a monumental disappointment?

Seems at this point you should either think he's the man for the job or not.
  5. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,454
    Alex, Munchak shouldnt need everything to go perfect to be considered okay. Hes bad at what he does, or in his case doesn't know how to do. Hes just not a HC. Sorry man.
    SlidePiece high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,251
    I don't know if "differ greatly" is applicable. The hire wasn't thrilling but once made give the guy a fair shot, and these 2 seasons haven't been enough. I would've said the exact same about Dooley except for the loss to Kentucky, which is what I'm saying here. You get your chance, unless you totally blow it.

Playoffs or bust next year. That is realistically what I think the ultimatum will be, and I think we can be a playoff team next year but depends on Locker and what we do to help D.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,251
    I wouldn't be pissed off or anything if we did fire him. Just don't want to fire him without a serious name coach and plan in motion. Are we sticking with Locker or do we bring someone in and totally scrap the roster?

I sort of think it's hard to bring in a new coach and not consider a QB 1st round pick if its a straight rebuild.
  6. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,454
    Locker>Munchak

Wtf u smokin alex?
    Titan43 high fives this.