The Realy VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by swiftarch, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Yep, like Nate. He's used to being a 3rd wr deep threat. Were tryna use him like a possession wr. Having him do crosses and such. No way jose.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

If your gonna make an argument about why VY should start, and you need ammo that proves he can throw. Then here you go.

This is what happens when you open the playbook and use him correctly:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-p-nlX6OMM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-p-nlX6OMM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

it's hard to come to the realization that we've blown two top 10 draft picks in the past 5 drafts.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The year Vince 'led' the Titans to the playoffs, the following quarterbacks had:

As many or more TD throws than Vince:
    Sage Rosenfels AND Matt Schaub (from same team EACH had more)
    Kyle Boller
    Chris Redman (in 149 throws vs Vince's 382)
    Josh McCown
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Quinn Gray AND David Garrard (again, from same team EACH had more)

I knew it was bad before I began this post, but 2 TEAMS IN OUR OWN DIVISION had 2 guys with more TD passes than ours who played all but 1 game (in which our team scored the most points all year).

Oh, and NO QUARTERBACK that stepped onto the field in 2007 threw more Interceptions vs TD's than Vince. He threw 8 more INT's than he did touchdowns. And, still some think he 'led' our team to the playoffs. And, in 2009 it only took him 1 pass to add to his career Interception pile. That's efficiency!

Vince looks lost, he is statistically one of the worst QB's in the league, yet there are still fans who feel confident he can be a franchise player. I can promise you about 31 other teams in the league; 3 in particular who REALLY HOPE he is. Hell, I almost want him to be because I'm so fed up with the team...Bud Adams can be the Al Davis of the east coast.

5. Saluki

Saluki Camp Fodder

If the Titans were to release Young tomorrow, how many other teams would try to sign him?

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

To be their franchise QB? None. Well, maybe the Raiders..but I'm sure their fans believe Jamarcus will one day lead them to a Super Bowl too :rolleyes:

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

It's called being a FAN. Russell is young and the fans have patience. KC and Fish have been around for a Looong time and have nothing to show but SB losses. Vince has been here 4 yrs and in those 4 he's been the qb of a team that has finished 8-8 and 10-6. Excuse me for not wanting to give up on a guy who has plenty of potential. I MUST be wrong for that.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar