The Realy VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by swiftarch, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swiftarch

swiftarch Camp Fodder

First off before any of you read what i have to say please watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDG8b7ZqJWE. I know its a little long a little over 10 minutes but if you are a true fan and care then you will take the time to watch it.

Right now Our Titans are 0-5. Whats different from last year. Our defense is doing awful. Kerry Collins is turning the ball over so much. Hmm...remind you of a certain year? Yes 2006 Vince Young's rookie year when he lead our team to 8 straight wins. Well now is the time for Vince to come back. He has had full season of sitting on the bench. I am not one of those to die for Vince Young Fans. Yes last year i wanted Collins to be our QB too. But the only reason why it worked is because our defense was so good it allowed for Kerry to "manage" the game. Kerry is not the QB that can bring you back when down more than 10 points. We have no future with Kerry more than 2 years. Even if somehow we won 11 straight games with him and made the playoffs. I dont care cause we would lose him after next year most likely anyhow. In the video you see that Vince was working extra hard all offseason and Jeff Fisher, yes Jeff Fisher the coach who supposedly doesnt "believe" in vince, he planned on having Vince train with Steve Mcnair before Mcnairs tragic death. This has got to say something. It says Jeff Fisher does really believe Vince is the future. Come on guys i know you know what im talking about where theres always those times where your just like what the hell is fisher doing then all the sudden it makes sense and your like wow. Well maybe we will realize this soon.

Do you guys seriously want to draft a new QB and hope he will just be awesome like Matt Ryan? That is not very likely. I would much rather have a QB who has already taken us to the playoffs, then got benched the first game of his next season be our starter. Vince is a natural winner. The difference between Vince and Mcnair is Mcnair developed into a much better passer. Vince is better than Mcnair at running the ball. If vince could have a couple seasons his passing game could become better. Yes vince makes a good amount of mistakes but he also makes alot of amazing plays. Right now the titans are going absolutely no where. It makes no sense to not put Vince in. If he is our future lets put him in for the rest of the season and see what he can do. I have a feeling if we fans at the games gain confidence in him and cheer him on he will become our franchise QB once again. Vince is a rare talent and watching him play QB is very fun to watch. He can convert those 3rd downs by running and does not have to pass it. Also if CJ and VY are in the same backfield at the same time it will be difficult to stop, 2 speed threats. There is nothing better for us to do right now than have a complete face lift at the QB spot.

And another thing if you guys are like oh he thought of committing suicide...just about everyone has a really depressing moment in there life when it kind of comes across there mind. He is a human being you know. And I'm pretty sure he's not gonna get upset about getting booed again since it resulted in him losing his starting job.

The last thing I want to see is Vince end up being another teams great franchise QB. Hopefully Fisher will put him in and bench kerry in the next couple of games. I have nothing wrong with kerry it's just his age is catching up to him and he isn't playing very well along with our whole team. What better way to change that by throwing in a super athlete like Vince Young at QB. A natural leader. Tell me what you guys think.

Oh and heres something to remind you of how it used to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyqpMGxk5cY&feature=related

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

For Realy?:grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="358" height="306"><param name="movie" value="http://www.funpic.hu/funplayer_detection.swf?file=files/pics/00033/00033094.flv&lang=2" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><embed src="http://www.funpic.hu/funplayer_detection.swf?file=files/pics/00033/00033094.flv&lang=2" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="358" height="306"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

VY took us to the Playoffs in 2007 like Justin McCairens took us in 2008. In the invincible videos its neat how if you show the same highlights from 3 or 4 different views it makes it seem like he was really good. Look at the passes though. Most are lobs, over the receivers head or in the ground. There is almost no VY highlight where a receiver gets any YAC. No instead the receiver has to stop and adjust to ball then get tackled as they come down with the ball. Is there a place for completions like this? Sure, but only if the other half of your passes aren't thrown to the wrong team. A great QB makes everyone else on the team better, VY is only on team VY.

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I'm beginning to think Vince is paying all these people to sign up on websites to try and convince people he doesn't suck...

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Dang you guys are some a-holes. At least be respectful of the guy, he went through all the trouble to putting this long post together.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. swiftarch

swiftarch Camp Fodder

No VY is just a different type of QB than others in the league. He is still a franchise QB if he is a good leader and can bring a team back to win that was down 21-0 in 4th quarter. Yes you can say well how can you say he is a good leader if he abandoned us last year. He didnt abandon us he got booed off the field and had lots of stress at the time and he got injured. then he was ready to come back and fisher stuck with collins which was fine by me cause at the time we were 4-0. But I feel if Vince gets another chance at the starting job and gets support from his fans we will realize how lucky we are to have drafted him.

8. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

and proud of it

9. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Change starts at the top. In 2006 the Coaches allowed Vince to play to his strengths, which is his creativity as a playmaker. As has always has been the case with Vince, he is an excellent off-schedule player - his X-factor plays are what makes the rest of his game work. Take them away and you get 2007. Loosen the reigns and let him play by instinct more and mechanically less and the traditional part of the game will start working too. My guess is some of these same issues are going on with other players. As the mistakes mount the grinding on the players gets worse. Our WRs, who have more talent as a group than any we had in the last five years, look like they're regressing by the day. Even CJ, is making errors he didn't make previously. The Coaches have got to realize they are off THEIR game, not just the players. They are not doing what's needed to constructively fix problems. The Coaches have simply got to figure this stuff out if they want to break this team's downward spiral. Problem is, I just have no faith anymore that its in them to do.

10. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

spot on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar