The Paolantonio Report

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow longest tenured. There are coaches who have won more games who are without jobs. Marty shottenheimer has won 200 games, mike shanahan has won 146 games. Dennis green has a career record similar to jeff fisher's.

Fisher leaves, shottenheimer takes over, no difference!

I have actually said very little about jeff fisher as a coach on this board. I'm sick and tired of people bashing this area and crying small market all the time.

And by the way fisher was not an "unknown" assisstant he was on the short list for head coach of the bears when ditka got fired.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

dumbest move ever made by the bears

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No doubt that is great incentive for players/coaches to sign here.

I tend to agree that market size is less consideration for coaches over players. There is no denying that players or coaches can make a lot more advertising money in other cities besides Nashville though.

4. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

No it would be the release of their defensive coordinator after the 85 superbowl.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think what skews this perception is the kind of passes the Titans are known for which are high-percentage passes to the RB or TE. And I agree that WR talent plays into the equation as the Titans seem to have few receivers who can take the short reception and pick up big yardage after the catch. I'll also add QB play here. There were years McNair was very inconsistent with any pass over 15 yards and we already know what Young brought to the team.

But let's not kid ourselves. Fisher is conservative with the passing game because he continues to have solid defenses and running games. With a lead, he'll rarely take shots downfield nor should he.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think coaches are FAR less affected by television market size. A coach is concerned about winning. Fisher is in an environment where he can be successful (relatively, so far, but for a long time), where he gets easy media treatment, where he gets top 5 salary, and where he doesn't have to pay state income tax. Even if he were in NY, he probably couldn't get a commercial tv deal that would compensate for all of that. That's even assuming that he could have this kind of tenure in NY, which I don't think he could, they're too impatient.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't know...

Mike Ditka went on to do great things with the Saints... like trading every pick in 1999 draft including your first round pick in 2000's draft in order to move up to draft Ricky Williams.

How stupid can you be??? That trade is beyond stupid.

8. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Jeff Fisher loves Nashville..he knows a few things about a big city..he went to USC...

-MaxPayne2k

9. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

He does love Nashville. Let's keep him installed as our head coach long enough to win some Super Bowls.

10. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

look here is what matters, 1st how he is looked at by the fans that trust him. is he overrated to you?

2nd if you want to compare him you cant compare him to the top 5 in the league. they arent here

i agree i think billichik could coach a team of eskimo's and come out smelling like a rose. i dont know what he does or if its something in the air but he and fisher to me are more alike than anything(except the whole sb thing.) but they didnt have much talent a qb and he makes them shine year in and year out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar