The Original 'GOAT' is Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scarecrow, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

reminds me of Mozart ....

probably to soon

2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

RIP to someone on my alltime Mount Rushmore!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Any fan of Ali or boxing should make a stop at his museum in Louisville. I went a few years ago and was reminded of my childhood and the days boxing was great (IMO).

Right down the road is the Louisville Slugger Museum which is also a nice stop.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Yeah when I was a kid boxing was a thing... right behind Baseball/football. Definatly on par with roundball and totally ahead of that fringe sport hockey.

Corrupt B'tard Don King took it down, but hey he made his.

When a big fight would happen you could go to designated venues and pay an entrance fee to watch the live match. Then not that saturday, but the following one ABC WWoS would show the FIGHT - round by round! That was how I watched boxing. Cossell would have the winner of the big fight next to him and they would commentate about the fight between rounds. Everyone knew the final result but that saturday afternoon broadcast was the first chance 99% of people had to see anything other than a still shot in the paper.

different day - lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar