The NYG/TAM Kneel-down... where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Sep 17, 2012.

?

Who do you side with?

1. Coughlin; It was a dirty play.

17.2%
  2. Schiano; He's just trying to win a football game.

82.8%
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If you (somehow) haven't seen it yet, the play in question can be seen in the vid below at the 0:23 mark.

Coughlin is crying dirty play. While Schiano says they're just playing hard and trying to win.

I gotta say, I'm surprised that the overwhelming consensus I have heard seems to side with Coughlin in saying it was dirty. I could understand thinking it was uncalled for if the Giants had been up by multiple scores. But this was a 7 point game. You catch the offense off guard and cause a bad snap or something and you've got a shot to tie it up. Winning was still a possibility for the Buccaneers. A remote one, sure. But stranger things have happened.

I'm with Schiano on this one. Play hard for 60 full minutes. Our team could learn a thing or two from him.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

only wish they woulda broke mannings neck like the redskins did his brother.
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Im not totally against it. They are trying to win after all.
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You play to win the game.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Exactly the play I had in mind when I said "stranger things have happened" TJ.

I think all but one analyst I've seen discussing this has sided with Coughlin and I just don't get it. I wonder if this is just a case of people siding with the veteran, multiple SB winning coach. If the roles had been reversed and the Giants had done it, would there be the same backlash?
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Good arguments have been made for both sides. I'm with Schiano.

Now if the Giants were up by 9 or more, I'd be on Coughlin's side.
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Honestly, it is a different situation. The Bucs would have cried if he'd faked the kneel down and tossed a TD to Crews.
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

If you don't like the play you should have had the game put away before it.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

here's a quick fix.... let them keep playing... run up the score...
  10. pettso

pettso Starter

I can see why Coughlin is mad and I can see why Schiano called it. It's a legal play so whatever, I don't care. If you don't what your QB to get hurt, have your line protect him.

I also have no issue with running up the score. It's a professional sport where you get paid to play the game - crying about having the score run up against you is embarrassing.