Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The NYG/TAM Kneel-down... where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Sep 17, 2012.

?

Who do you side with?

Coughlin; It was a dirty play. 5 vote(s) 17.2%
Schiano; He's just trying to win a football game. 24 vote(s) 82.8%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,264
    If you (somehow) haven't seen it yet, the play in question can be seen in the vid below at the 0:23 mark.

Coughlin is crying dirty play. While Schiano says they're just playing hard and trying to win.

I gotta say, I'm surprised that the overwhelming consensus I have heard seems to side with Coughlin in saying it was dirty. I could understand thinking it was uncalled for if the Giants had been up by multiple scores. But this was a 7 point game. You catch the offense off guard and cause a bad snap or something and you've got a shot to tie it up. Winning was still a possibility for the Buccaneers. A remote one, sure. But stranger things have happened.

I'm with Schiano on this one. Play hard for 60 full minutes. Our team could learn a thing or two from him.
    Titan43 and Titans Eternal high five this.
  2. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,394
    only wish they woulda broke mannings neck like the redskins did his brother.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,264
    Im not totally against it. They are trying to win after all.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,564
    You play to win the game.

3. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,264
    Exactly the play I had in mind when I said "stranger things have happened" TJ.

I think all but one analyst I've seen discussing this has sided with Coughlin and I just don't get it. I wonder if this is just a case of people siding with the veteran, multiple SB winning coach. If the roles had been reversed and the Giants had done it, would there be the same backlash?
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,204
    Good arguments have been made for both sides. I'm with Schiano.

Now if the Giants were up by 9 or more, I'd be on Coughlin's side.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,564
    Honestly, it is a different situation. The Bucs would have cried if he'd faked the kneel down and tossed a TD to Crews.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $721
    If you don't like the play you should have had the game put away before it.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  5. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    here's a quick fix.... let them keep playing... run up the score...
  6. pettso Starter

Verner
    Moolah:
    $1,173
    I can see why Coughlin is mad and I can see why Schiano called it. It's a legal play so whatever, I don't care. If you don't what your QB to get hurt, have your line protect him.

I also have no issue with running up the score. It's a professional sport where you get paid to play the game - crying about having the score run up against you is embarrassing.