The Next Three Weeks Are Most Important of Season for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The Titans have three winnable games at home in the next three weeks. After they take on the Texans this week, they have the Colts and Bengals coming to town in the next two weeks. Those are games the Titans really need to win if they are going to make a run at the division title.

Mike Munchak was asked about the importance of the next three games at home after practice yesterday:

These games are at home and that doesn’t mean that because you are playing at home you are going to win them. Starting with this one and we know this is going to be a tough one for us and like I said we are 0-1 in the division and we know how important it is. It’s early in the season so you can’t get too caught up with it if things don’t go your way, because there is a lot of football to be played. Eleven games is a lot of football and a lot can happen. Things change real quick in this league as people see week to week. We know what’s at stake with the division thing and this week and next week being two division games and it won’t take much for us to understand the importance of these games and how important it is for us to play well and what we can accomplish if we do win these games.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

We could easily be 6-2, very exciting.

If we can get the running game going and cut out the stupid penalties we are gonna be starting a nice little run.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Crazy thing is the Bengals have the number one defense in the NFL.That will be a very interesting game.We also face rookie QB Andy Dalton.

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Green and Simpson have both looked great at wide reciever as well.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Exactly.Plus before the season i saw we had the Bungles at home and immediately chalked it up as a W.Now that game is looking like it might be a pretty competitive contest.Gonna be a hard fought game for us on both sides of the ball.Cincy looking good on offense and defense.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

All are Must wins IMO.

Bengals scare me, but no reason we shouldn't be able to beat a Rookie QB at home.

@ Carolina after this 3 game stretch.

Hopefully we're 7-2 in a month.

7. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Who do the Colts play this week?

I want to see them get over that 1 win hump. They get a little bit closer each week. They put up a better fight against Pittsburgh than we did, and damn near took one from Tampa Bay <--- very good team.

I'd be so embarassed to give the Colts their first win at home this year. I'd stop posting here and throw all my Titans stuff in the closet for a year or two.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The division games are the most important, hopefully we can knock off the Bengals too

9. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Cincy beat Browns, Bills, Jaguars, and Colts.

I don't believe the hype around Cincy at all.

One of those wins has credibility, and I'm not even too sure about the Bills either. Lol.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Bengals are a good team. In fact, I'd argue they aren't getting enough hype.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar