The next "rebuild"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Sadly, many also think it's only a matter of time. His wife recently passed away.

God I hope we win it all this year. By hook or by crook. We've got to win this man a Lombardi Trophy.

Lotta people forget exactly what Bud means to the entire League.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'll be flying my pet swine in the park :pigfly: and tossing snowballs with Lucifer[​IMG] before I have to worry about a cap purge so long as Captain Mike "wooden nickel" Reinfeldt AKA Head Honcho, The Big Guy,The Man, Numero Uno and The Big Cheese is on the job. :greedy:

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Fisher won BA an AFCC. First one BA won since Kennedy was president.

As for SB wins ratio is currently 1:32 for a win and 1:16 for an apparence.

I admit pretty soon Fisher will be living on borrowed time, but that time is not now.

All that aside JF has an excellent staff from Hemidinger and Cecil (IMO he has to be better than chief redhat) down to the position coaches. Heck even Lowery is looking better now that the team has more speed overall. With that excellent staff and a long range vision in the front office I think the Titans will be competitive for years too come. All a fan can hope for is getting a shot at the SB by earning a PO spot. The best team does not always wint the single elimination tournament that is the POs

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Aside from not getting a useful WR(jury still out on hawkins) the previous 2 drafts MR and fisher have handled the running of this team about as well as anyone could.

If britt becomes a star that makes up for p williams and davis and CJ has already made up for henry.

We are drafting well, we are drafting with an eye to the long term and we have not banked a huge portion of our cap on any one player. There will not be any major purge in the next 4 years but we will lose some players every year or so like brandon jones and crumpler who might be cut to make room for cook.

As far as a rebuilding period jeff fisher can't help players getting older or getting over priced in the market place. we should not have a sub 8-8 season for a long time.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think either KVB or Bulluck will be re-signed, if not both. I could see us letting Bulluck go, though I hope not. I'm VERY curious to see who we keep and who goes next offseason.

I think Fisher has some slack. If we have a couple of down seasons, the heat would turn up, but we aren't the kind of franchise that fires a winning coach.

6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I think lendale and scaife both go and we resign KVB to a 2 year deal and Bulluck to a 3 year deal.

7. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

I hope Fisher will be long retired by the time the next rebuilding stage comes.

8. Waylander

Waylander Tongue tied and twisted.

Does anyone think that Fish has kept us from winning a Superbowl?

9. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Me, he's too much of a player's coach

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Fisher has a ton of respect both within the organization and throughout the league. He's got a tight working relationship with the entire FO, his coaches love working under him and his players love playing for him. AND he at least keeps us in the hunt every year.

I don't see any situation where Fisher doesn't walk away from the Titans on his own terms. I also don't think a SB ring would get him to retire yet... coaching is still fun for him. After coming 1 yard short 10 years ago, it'll take more than 1 ring to satisfy him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar