Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,278
    You think watching them for the first time in your 20's would be just as enjoyable opposed to being introduced to them as a kid? If so, I'd have to completely disagree. I think both Deuce and Kami would have a different opinion on SW if the latter were the case. Looking back on them of course.
  2. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129

I liked Star Wars as a kid, but I was more into Next Generation (Star Trek), because my dad watched it, so I dug it.

Today, I have an appreciation for Star Wars, rather than an absolute love for it. I appreciate how incredible the f/x was for it (still holds up really well today IMO), and that it jump-started the career of Ford. I appreciate the funny internet memes it's created on the internet. I appreciate how much of a bad- Vader was back then.

Other than that though? I don't really "love" anything about the films.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    It's the tech.

Swords=fantasy
    Light sabers= scifi

The original story (A New Hope) is the same old swashbuckling "save the princess from the evil lord" story that's been told thousands of times in fantasy stories; this time the sword is made of light and the steed has X-wings.
  3. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,278
    Gangs of New York

The miscast of Cameron Diaz ruined the movie for me. I hated every scene she was in.
  4. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,278
    Close to the way I feel about the original SW. Loved them as a kid, had the toys and still have my Boba Fett (favorite character) costume somewhere in this house . Now looking back, I just appreciate them, for their significance and memories, but I probably wouldn't want to sit through them again.
  5. onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,487
    Leo and D-Day overshadow her so much that I don't even pay attention to her.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.