The Great Jeff Fisher Debate thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fisher being a "stand up guy", or something along those lines, seems to always get brought up in these discussions. Results are far more important than a guy's personality. If it takes a douchebag coach to bring us a championship, so be it. :ha:

Fisher always falls short. I could care less about how "stand up" he is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Nailed it, I'm with you 100%. His personality shouldn't give him a pass.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

The common denominator in the people who want Fisher out so far is the VY handle/mishandling situation. Its obvious that its Vince vs Jeff now. If you're for Vince you're against Jeff. 16 year leader vs 4 year player. Something smells bad.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I don't care how many wins we got in the regular season. It's the postseason wins that matter and he doesn't have many.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if you ask any bronco fan they'll tell you pat bowlen fired mike shanahan the GM, not mike shanahan the coach.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

What's make you think that? how about the 15yrs and only 1 SB appearance. How about the handling of the dc job this year? How about an 0-5 start in 06 and a 0-6 start in 09. He's like the bush administration. He's held power far too long.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

8. amy

amy Starter

If Vince can't get the job done, I predict both he and Fisher will be gone at year's end. If Vince does get it done, then Fisher will look good and Bud will keep him through the contract period. On the other hand, this Vince vs. KC issue may have created an unfixable rift between them. Let's face it, Fisher DID NOT want to bench KC, no way no how. The future will be interesting, eh?

9. VOLS_and_TITANS

VOLS_and_TITANS Starter

this is a very tough argument,because u can say yes or no,well lets look at the bads,1999 we should of loss in 1ss round to buffalo,if it werent for the lateral,u all know which,that was a play that maybe shouldnt of happened,so thats should been 1st round loss,to buffalo,2nd is the 1st round loss to ravens in 2000,which we did lose 1st playoff game,3rd is 2001,no playoffs,2002 should of loss to pitsburgh but roughing the kicker,remember nendney,which could of not been called against pittsburgh,so that was a 1st round game,5th is we were picked by espn and the whole nfl to go to super bowl,and cant beat new england in 2nd round,then 2004 no playoffs,2005 no playoffs,2006 if it wasnt for young running scrambling and winning 8 straight we would of been worse recor then,so no playoffs ithen,and then 2007 beat in 1st rounf of playoffs,then 2008 beat in 1st round of playoffs to ravens,so its hard to say,cause palaytoffs he not to great,and that super bowl may not have coome if the lateral from wycheck to dyson.so i dont know,good in regular season but playoffs,mmmm.

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Well that's not how it is for me.
    I've been arguing on this forum and the TOMB for years that Fishers Stubboness and Outdated coaching style will never win us a championship.
    Over 5 years ago i made posts about how his unwillingness to change or adapt to the situation was costing us games,
    Examples
    1, Pound Eddie up the middle when it doesn't work do we make half time adjustments NOPE 2nd half ... Pound eddie up the middle. IF WE KNOW FISHERS GONNA CALL EDDIE UP THE MIDDLE THEN YOU CAN DAMN WELL BET THE DEFENSE KNOWS T TOO.
    2. Lamont thompson. Lamont comes in for an injured safety (name escapes me) Has a really good game then sucks for years on end but Fisher stays with him based on that one good game.
    3.Reynaldo Hill. During Courtland Finnigans rookie season he had to step in for rey rey one game and Finny flat out kicked @$$! Reynaldo hill got well and guess who came back in the next week only to finish the season? REY REY
    4. Now the paradigm in the NFL has shifted. Fisher style Ball control is no longer getting it done. The Offensive rule changes in the last few years have given the offensive side of the ball the advantage. Teams are scoring like never before and they're even doing it against really good defenses. Game after game is decided on who has the ball last. Teams routinely score in the 40's 50's and even 59 point range.
    Meanwhile teams that chunk the ball down the field are racking up championship after championship.
    Where are all theGrind it out Fisher ball style Ball control teams in the NFL??? If it's such a great Idea How come nobody else is doing it???

FISHER IS JUST LIKE TOM LANDRY WAS IN HIS LAST YEARS....HE'S WELL LIKED SO NOBODY WANTS TO SEE HIME GO BUT SOMEBODY HAS TO PULL THE TRIGGER.

Look what happened in Denver after they fired Mike. AND HE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar