The Good, The Bad....The Ugly. (Packers @ Titans)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

The Good.
    Vince Young. Wow. I thought it was 2006 all over again. Vince put up a great performance going 7/12 for 85 yards and a beautiful TD pass. He also ran 5 times for 38 yards, including a 23 yard scamper. He also scored with a 6 yard TD run. From what I saw, he learned from his mistakes. He tried to run it in, hesitated and got walloped. The next play, no hesitation and he took off for a TD. Another example, he threw a pass to Edison in the endzone, the pass was bad and Edison couldn't get it. Next play, same play. This time, Vince throws a perfect pass which Edison catches in the corner of the endzone.

Dominique Edison is a beast. Where did this kid come from? He finished 5 catches for 90 yards and 2 TDs. His first TD coming from a 8 yard pass from Vince Young where he caught it in the corner of the endzone. His second TD was a thing of beauty. Ramsey threw it to his outside shoulder, Edison adjusted to it in mid air doing a full 360 catching it with him landing in the endzone.

Mark Jones. After a terrible performance last week from shaking off the rust he came out firing. He returned his first kick 44 yards and his first punt for 21 yards. I believe we found our returner.

Our running game is back. Chris Johnson finished with 3 rushes for 23 yards. Having rushed for 13 yards, -1 yards, and finishing with a 11 yard run. Chris Henry looked good as he fought to remain with the team, if he does get cut, someone will pick him up.

We didn't turn over the ball and we forced the Packers to turn the ball over twice.

Someone also mentioned that we forced the 1st team Packers offense to punt for the first time and held them scoreless for the first time all through preseason.

We got pressure on the quarterback all night, and Jason Jones returning from a injury had two tackles for losses. William Hayes also had 2 sacks. We also held Green Bay to only 87 yards rushing.

The Bad.
    Kerry Collins and the first team receivers. Collins hit our receivers in the hands twice and both times they were dropped. Then he threw a pass to Gage with three defenders around him in which I call the triangle of doom. Luckily, it wasn't picked or Gage didn't get killed.

The Ugly.
    Our 2nd string secondary.

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

:thumb: Once again another great review. It was fair and accurate. I like VY alot but there is no way a full vy lover can turn this around and make you sound like a hater. Im not worried about kerry and the 1st team at all. I think once a gameplan is put in. Then we will still be a beast.

The only disagreement i have is with mark jones. Sure he had a solid outing, but i want to give ringer some more looks as well as henry. I don't think jones will consistently get us in good field position. Other than that, great post once again.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good write up Stephenson.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Could you write which week it's about in the subject. That way it's easier to search, if we need them later in the season.

Instead of 21 threads with the exact same subject.

5. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

im new here so excuse me if i repeat others....

ive watched all preseason and i hope our starting wr's do a bit better than theyve shown so far. just seems more of the same ol easy drops.

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

The Good: It was the last preseason game

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha

"triangle of doom"

good stuff

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I now see why you took over for TBG stephenson...you rep whore :D

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So how long do we mess around looking at this Green Bay game before we get psyched up for Thursday in Pittsburgh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar