Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Fullback Position Could Really Be Utilized Much Better And Q. Johnson Cut Creates Roster Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 27, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,720
    He can catch! Have you seen some of the deep catches he caught down the sideline last year. The problem is we have never been able to run a screen!
  2. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $208
    The problem isn't CJ's hands .. you are right, when he is running a route down the sideline, he makes some pretty good catches. His problem is concentration. When he is running a screen/swing/any short route coming out of the backfield, he is focusing less on the ball, and more on getting up field after the catch, thus the drops.

When he is split out wide, he isn't worried as much about getting upfield, becuase just catching the ball is going to result in a nice gain.
  3. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,720
    He can catch the ball. Clearly. I mean he had over 500 yards receiving a few years back.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,681
    Chris Johnson has feet for hands.

Sure he has some nice yardage receiving, but if you're watching him you notice he cradles the ball in, doesn't reach out for it like WR's do, his hands are alright, but not that good honestly.
  5. Obie09 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,876
    He only had like 2 or 3 drops this past year so as long as he catches it I don't care how he does it.
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,681
    but he can only catch certain passes, he's not reliable catching
  7. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,720
    Thats why hes a RB not a WR....
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,681
    He was recruited out of HS to play CB, and you know why CB's are CB's, they're WR's that can't catch.

My point is, he should not be more incorporated in the passing game unless that means dump offs and swing passes.
  9. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,720
    AND SCREENS.....We should be a deadly screen team but we arent! The only way we use him is have him run three yards and turn around....Thats the most retarded/fustrating thing ever!!! At least get him on a LB and have him run full speed to the sideline and then hit him with it quick
  10. Stephen Dugan Special Teams Standout

Verner
    Moolah:
    $334
    Have we ever been a deadly screen team? I can't for the life of me understand how we always suck at the screen and always get destroyed by the screen.