The Franchise Tag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I am getting a gut feeling that it is going to be a position battle between Verner and Campbell for Finnegan's spot and I'm not entirely sure that Verner will win it. Campbell had a good preseason last year and was a very physical ST player. Then when you add in his plus athleticism and size you get a very interesting player to watch in the OTA's and training camp.

McCourty | Campbell would give us a good amount of size/speed on paper. It all depends on how Campbell does in camp though

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No way Campbell is trusted to take on a role like that. He is mentally not ready and it shown last year. I have high hope for him, but he will probably be our nickel or dime guy.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

If Finny walks, Campbell will have a tough time beating out Chris Hawkins who looked readier than Campbell. Tommy will be a good player but not yet.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think way too many people are high on Tommie Campbell. Don't get me wrong... I like what I've seen from him, but I wouldn't expect him to be any more than just an average player in this league. Even to become average, he's got a ways to go.

He's got great speed, but other that that, what have we seen from him?

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Penalties...

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Both in the depth chart and more importantly in terms of talent, Chris Hawkins is quite a bit a head of Tommie. I was actually really impressed with that kid last season.

I made a comment a while ago saying that perhaps the only justification for letting Finny walk is that the management/coaches not only have hope for ATV but Hawkins as well. They will rely on Hawk to take over the nickel/outside on the ever so important 3CB sets.

Also, i wouldnt play Tommie at CB, we need Safties right now. I'd def try him out there first, c if he can fit.

I have legitimate concerns with Tommie at CB, his lanky body and larger frame will make it real hard for him to keep up with the smaller/quicker (NOT necessarily FASTER) guys. By the time he drops his hips to keep up with receivers, the pass will already b on its way.

I'm not saying it will b like that for sure if he play CB, but theres a reason why CBs r usually smaller guys. J-Mac is probably as 'big' as a CB should b.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well there is this
    [ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d821c6663/Can-t-Miss-Play-Campbell-s-happy-return"]NFL Videos: Can't-Miss Play: Campbell's happy return[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar