The Franchise Tag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm all for the tag and trade of Finnegan.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

Tag Michael Griffin? WHAT!?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

I'd be upset if we didn't at least do that. I don't see the downside or better option for use of the tag this year.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Didnt Webster just say they wouldnt use it on Finny?

6. Fry

I get why they'd tag Griffin instead of Finnegan. There probably isn't a free agent upgrade for Griffin right now. Reggie Nelson is basically the equivalent of Griffin, but do you want Griffin's equivalent for the long-term? I get renting Griff for the season at $6.2 million and trying to fix FS next offseason for the long haul.

You can only do so much in one offseason.

7. Alex1939

I guess Griffin has more to prove so you hope you tag him and he's motivated, but it really doesn't make sense over just renting Finny one more year at worst.

At best, what round pick do you think we could get for him? Anyone think a 1st is possible?

8. Fry

Finnegan being a guy who walked out during camp last year because negotiations weren't going his way and already stating he doesn't want to be tagged might have something to do with it.

Conversely, Griffin has said he won't be against the tag. Who could blame him, he'll never see $6.2 million per year again.

I really don't think the Griffin scenario has anything to do with Finnegan. There are a plethora of guys who are capable of playing CB whether it be in free agency or the draft. Who's going to play safety? There are two guys who have high-ish grades in Barron and Smith in the draft and Griffin is probably the best FA safety.

No way. Fourth round might be the best case scenario, but I'd argue anything is better than nothing. Teams will know we'll want to unload him.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You know what, if Griffin comes back it won't be the worst thing ever, but he needs to realize his 2011 season sucked, it was bad. And thats good that we hold him to a higher standard, cause he is fairly good when he wants to be.

If he is in camp, we'll know if he's worthwhile or not. I think he defiantly can be good.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I doubt a first is possible

We MIGHT get a second for next year, even then I doubt it. He just does not have the stats. Maybe a 3rd or 4th, and I am leaning more towards a 4th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar