The Franchise Tag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Feb 13, 2009.

?
  1. Bo Scaife

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. Kerry Collins

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Rob Bironas

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  4. Chris Carr

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Justin McCareins

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Who do you guys consider

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

If we have it would it not be worth using. I mean couldn't we franchise Scaife of Bironas for a pretty good deal?

If we were to franchise Carr would we have to pay him as a CB or a return man? I mean where would he fall?

Or do we even use it?

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

lol.. we won't franchise Carr or McCareins. Trust me. :ha: Kinda silly to even suggest that.

Here's what I'd do.. pretty eee'vaaal if you ask me.

[​IMG]

I'd franchise Bo since he'll be a tad expensive after last season's performance. I'd then trade for Tony G who will overshadow Bo causing him to end next season with ****ty stats. Being to some extent an unknown in the league outside of Davidson county, this should greatly reduce his cost.

I'd then lock him up for 6 years for $15mil.. :evil:

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:biglaugh:

Sorry bro.. I can't stop laughing at the McCareins option.
    Do you think the franchise tag allows you to play that player for free?

By franchising him, we'd have to pay him the average of the top 5 WRs in the league. In 2009 the franchise cost for a WR is estimated to be $10mil. Do you honestly think that should be an option for Mc'airhands' as apposed to re-signing him to a 1yr contract worth 900k which he would gladly accept.

Heck even that would be $899k more than his worth.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Same for Carr who as a CB would cost us close to $10mil if tagged.
    Funny right?

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

all i know is, we will lose some guys we have grown to like, but thats just part of the NFL. we will move on.

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

definitely don't want to tag Collins either. Look what it is costing the Pats......$14m a year.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Scaife and Bironas are the only realistic options here.

I'd rather not franchise either and just lock them up to long term deals..but if I was forced to choose I'd say Bironas is more worth it, but if his raven game woos translate to next season that wouldn't be money well spent.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think now that we have a better offense we dont really need Rob Bironas. I think we could find a kicker to get the job done for a lot cheaper. Rob is human and does miss big kicks like any other kicker.

I would want to keep Scaife if we used him more than we do, late in the season they seemed to ignore Scaife and went to Crumpler who had a huge fumble in the Ravens game. I could see us losing Scaife just cause Crumpler is a Pro Bowler. but imo Scaife is younger and better.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the simple answer is : Noone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar