The Extra Point

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nailed it.

If they change it, which I don't think they should, this should be the way to go.

2. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Leave my game of football the f... alone already!!!!!!! The only change I am open to would be to apply the college rule where the D can score two on a block or pick. Better yet, as I said, leave it alone.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

really. I can't believe this is being discussed. The whole game and all previous records are annulled if game-winning and game-changing points are removed. "Automatic' or not, they do make a difference in the final score.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't see how anyone can be opposed to getting rid of kicking the extra point. Just make TDs worth 7 points automatically and save us the time of watching a boring play.

All the other stuff is a little more complicated, and I haven't thought about it enough to have a strong opinion one way or another.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lot of changes could be made to make the game better.

6. Deuce Wayne

... a TD would be 7 points.

So no, it doesn't change the score. Why can't you guys understand this? haha

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Because it's not about the number itself; it's about the chance behind it. If five touchdowns are scored, then there's a potential for five extra points in the game...or none at all if they're missed. Not difficult to grasp.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Very true, I just don't see this as one of them.

Before you know it the place kicker will be left off the roster entirely. No EPs. Kicks going five yards out of the endzone because they kickoff so close.

If you're on your own side of the field punt. If it's 4th and three on the opponent's 45, go for it. No need to kick the FG.

This is where we're heading.

9. Deuce Wayne

And I'd be all for that.

Plus, then we wouldn't have the 300lb d*ckholes teeing off on 150lb kickers to make Sports Center, and Best Buy wouldn't lose top sales guys like Rob Bironas.

10. Deuce Wayne

... 1 per every 100 extra points are missed.

And that's probably due to a guy being offsides that blocked it. (the only way you can)

This really changes nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar