The Extra Point

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The only change I would make to the nfl is shortening the play clock by 10 seconds each time. Too much wasted time in NFL games. Athletes should be athletic enough to make that work.linemen can hurry their fat butts back to the huddle or the LOS.
    Plus, more plays equals more offense... And more viewers. Nfl should be all over that.

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

It's not changing anything. If you score a td you just tell the ref 1 and you automatically have 7 pts.

If you score a td and tell the ref 2, you line up and go for 2. If you get it you have 8 and if you don't you have 6. Not that hard to understand.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Completely not happening. 10 seconds? LOL. You know they extended the play clock last time right? They want less plays... Not more. Less equals less injurys.

Wait... You said. "By" 10 seconds... I read "to" 10 seconds and my eyes bulged madly with laughter.

But still. They arnt ever doing that.

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

So... no more fake FG for 2? (not like it happens much, but still... it's a viable thing to do).

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

anyone remember this: This is why extra points matter!

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

^ crazy play then miss the Extra point to lose ball game by 1 hahahahahaha

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Yeah guys, it doesn't change anything. Maximum amount of points you can get from one possession is still 8. I don't like this idea because the PAT is a tradition. You score a TD, and you get the luxury of going out there for a free point. Fake PAT plays can also be run. It's not that big of a deal to keep the game the way it is.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Why not just increase the distance for PATs instead? back 'em up 20 yards or something, make it less of a gimme, and give kickers more of a chance to make more of an impact instead of chip shots.

Dunno if I like the idea, but if they do it, why not just make a touchdown 7 points anyhow, and make conversions for one point instead?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They should do away with XP's but make teams go for "1" instead.

Move going for 2 back.

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Then there would be no incentive to not go for 2. Why just take the td if you can get a try at an extra 1 with no consequences?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar