The end of college football

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"SEC has nothing left to prove!"

.... he says after the last year or so has shown otherwise.

classic.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The smart thing would be for the NCAA to turn a blind eye and allow booster to handle this as they have been secretly for decades. The $100 handshake, "summer job" at the car dealership, etc. has been around forever. Just loosen the rules to allow players to sell their memorabilia, etc. and the best players will see the money.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

College football players absolutely should be paid. Many of these kids come from very humble backgrounds and regardless of scholarship are just as broke on campus as they would have been back home. The whole "their pay is their scholarship" argument is not well constructed. CFB is big big money. A lot of these players and their families decided a long time ago that these kids are going to be football players.

What sort of overhead do Universities ACTUALLY have in providing a student athlete a scholarship? They pay for room, food, uniforms, one seat in a classroom that's already owned by the university and costs them nothing. The administrator will set some arbitrarily absurdly high number for how much all this costs, but thats all it is .. arbitrary. Especially when these kids are filling the stadium seats, selling merchandise, recruiting more free labor, etc.. etc..

College football is already corrupted horribly, paying the players a little something is merely a relief valve for all that corruption. Pay would have to be uniform, however regardless of player skill so as to be fair. Maybe all of the FBS pays a standard rate. Think of an allowance. Something for players that have ALL of their time consumed with class and athletics to live on. A little money for their pockets that would make NFL agents a little less interesting until they finished school.

4. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Also, you're a little late creating this thread.. try four months late :brow:

College Football Player's Union?
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/college-football-players-union.89160/

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Sure, you could give them 400 dollars a week to live on.. but then, there will be the USCs that give you 2,000 dollars a week to live on. It'll be the exact same thing all over again.

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Thats what I meant when I said all of the FBS's pay would have to be uniform. No pay grades other than the standard issue D1 allowance

Think of some kind of grant.. but yes, made in payments so moron athletes didnt blow it all the first week

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I know what you mean, but I mean that people will still cheat the system, like USC, and pay well more than they are supposed to.

8. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

What can you really do about cheaters? Schools are already cheating. I dont see how you can plan for cheaters either way.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

But it's true. Do you think Florida State would've been undefeated if they played any SEC west schedule? I don't. And I do think Florida State was the best team this year.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

All you can do is hang your hat on one year, and that clearly proves you are just a bandwagon Florida State fan or you wouldn't care.

The BCS era speaks for itself and anyone that doesn't see the SEC dominance is a clueless idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar