The Beatles vs Lynyrd Skynyrd

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 24, 2010.

?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2010.
  1. Beatles

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Skynyrd

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Beatles, not even close.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I gave a freebird to the king of the hippies

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

You better "Get Back" then 'cause this hippie thinks "Happiness is a Warm Gun" :wink2:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hate the Beatles with a passion. They were a pop band not a rock band.

Skynnyrd all the way

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Not the hugest Skynnyrd guy but I'm glad to see someone hates the beatles as much as I do :ha:

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My problem here is that I don't hate either band, BUT HOLY CRAP HOW I DESPISE THEIR FANS!!!

In the Carolinas the Skynyrd fans were the dominant tribe of marauding buttmonkeys; here it's Beatles fans.... I swear to God, I've jammed with actual "musicians" here who actually have never heard the radio since 1972.... they don't know the Beatles are disbanded.

Lynyrd Skynyrd had numerous hit songs that spoke out against drug abuse. alcohol abuse, firearms, fighting in bars and racism... and the fans heard them, cheered for them, and did the exact opposite.

Beatles fans herald Abbey Road as a GOAT album, completely unaware that the entire second side is loaded up with snippets of unfinished song failures with silly and trite lyrics all strung together and pushed on the fans because they knew the fans would be too stoned and stupid to complain. The latest incarnation of this phenomenon are R.E.M. fans who actually believe that Stipe has deep meaning hidden in his lyrics.

I'm gonna have to abstain from this vote.... in fact, should call "foul" in this matchup because Lynyrd Skynyrd is alphabetically out of order on the conference chart.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Skynyrd. Not even close.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Ronnie VanZant could have kicked all 4 Beatles asses at the same time...

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Well this "Simple Man" loves em both. I can't say anything bad about either of them, because they're both great.

The way I see it though from a musical, lyrical and success standpoint, The Beatles vs. Any Band or musician and it's always gonna be the Beatles by a long shot.

There's the Beatles on top, and arguably Elvis/Michael Jackson a distant 2nd and 3rd then it's everybody else behind them.

Comparing the Beatles to Skynyrd is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Chevy Camaro. Both are b@d@ss but the Rolls is in a league of its own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar