Terminator salvation

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by MaxPayne, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Will be checking out tonight? is anyone out there going to the midnight showing?

-Payne2k
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There's a possibilty I'll be going at midnight, but only if Cool Springs is showing it.

I'm a little concerned about the PG-13 rating. This is Terminator! I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm expecting it to be better than the third film, but there's no way in hell it beats T2.
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

my number one concern as well. i know it's so more teenagers can go see it without their parents which means more money, but c'mon, we want to see people blow up when they're fighting the machines!
  4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I'm sure if you ask real nicely and promise to clean your room, your mom will take you.
  5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't get the whole "it's PG-13" rating concerns. This is apparently the darkest-themed film in the series so far, darker even than Terminator 1 which did have an ounce of humor to it. The Dark Knight was PG-13, and that was a great action film. On the other side, Terminator 3 was R, and it's been bashed by Terminator geeks all over (although I personally don't think it was anything worse than average).

I'll drop my thoughts here and in the movie thread after tonight's viewing.
  6. RavensShallBurn

I already did all of that! She still won't let me go! :grrr:

;)
  7. RavensShallBurn

Terminator 2 was R. It was, hands down, the best one.

Terminator 3 sucked. I was around 13 when I saw it in theaters. It didn't even impress my stupid 7th grade self.
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

Well if the movie sucks we'll always have Christian Bale bi*ching out the DP to entertain us.. 10 out of 10....
  9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't think ANYONE is expecting T2, quite possibly the best action/sci-fi film of all time (I'd argue only Aliens is more influential in the genre). None of the reviews I've glanced at have said the rating is a problem, so I'm not particularly worried about that. The film is going to be action packed and dark, and I think both don't necessarily need an R rating to succeed.
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

PG-13 today is a bit different than it used to be. A good movie is never ruined by ratings, but this is Terminator...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.