Tennessee Titans Positional Review: RB/FB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

All season people on this board raved about how horrible our O-line was. Now all of a sudden the line wasn't bad at all. Yup makes perfect sense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

I high fived the first part of that, the second part is preposterous.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You really have an issue with paying a RB $3M a year? Things could be worse you know. Could be stuck with DeAngelo Williams sorry ass for $5M/yr or Arian Fosters sorry ass for $8M

Im telling you $3M/yr for Greene isnt a big deal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Youre only remembering 64 or so specific moments in time. The remaining 2856 hours of the season weren't that bad blocking wise.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm remembering the general sentiment and concensus on this board. Until recently the line sucking was about the only thing everyone on here agreed on. When we talk about CJ though, the line wasn't so bad after all. If this is the way we're gonna play it then fine but I don't want to see other guys (Jake Locker) get a pass because the line didn't protect well enough. Let's at least be consistent on how we apply our standards instead of picking and choosing whenever it's convinient.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Walker is the most over rated player on this team. He had a bunch of drops and is a sub par run blocker. Cook could have blocked just as well as he did last season.

7. JCBRAVE

He's a solid run blocker, his pass blocking is questionable

and for every drop he made a big catch, he wasn't a problem in 2013 but CJ was

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not everyone because anyone who watches the games can see breakdowns in the run game came from many sources. Anyone who wants to blame the OL 100% for the failure of the run game also has to give them 100% credit for anything productive CJ did.

Watch a little coaches film to see for yourself. Here's a breakdown I did this season on two games:
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/breakdown-of-the-running-game-vs-jets-chiefs.89479/
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/bre...game-vs-jets-chiefs.89479/page-2#post-1082789

Notice a trend? You have breakdowns on the OL combined on some plays with CJ playing poorly in others. Add predictability to the mix and you have a bad run game overall.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. JCBRAVE

CJ's two longest plays came when he had no linemen in his way, his issue is he's stupid and runs into his own guys. When a busted play presented itself, he ran to the endzone.

CJ is whats wrong with our running game, the guy has the worst vision and worst anticipation skills Ive ever seen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am not sure he is the most overrated, but I definitely think he wasn't special...I said it before, I would crack up if they take Ebron...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar