Tennessean: Titans miss right passer twice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thanks for the "in" Jesse. I have been reading through this thread, thinking all along...Rodgers was drafted by Green Bay somewhere in the mid 20s of the draft. So, if WE missed it, so did about 75% of the league.

Hindsight is 20/20, but in Rodgers' case, Climer seems to have X-Ray vision.

The Cutler argument isn't as clear, I agree. However, I still maintain my opinion that none of the three "top tier" QBs in that draft are ever going to be considered elite.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Hindsight is 20/20. If it works out, you're a hero. If it doesn't, you're zero. That's just the life of a GM and coach in the NFL. The best and worst get the same treatment, it comes with the job. Imagine how Sean Payton would be looked at if the Saint don't recover the onside kick and lose... But see, I'm more reasonable than that, so that's not even my biggest concern, the way they tried to clean up their mess is my main concern.

Speculation? Yes. But a safe one. Besides him stressing on wanting to stay in Tennessee, he's not only been with the same franchise his entire career, but he was the face of the franchise, he was the biggest thing in Tennessee other than country music. And him and his family were settled and happy here. Why the hell would he want to leave, he's not the type to ride coat-tails for a ring. I have no doubt he wanted to win his ring here. Speculation from your point of view is even if there wasn't a lock-out, he was gone for sure. Maybe someone would have eventually budged, maybe not. But McNair had a very strong interest in staying.

You misunderstood me again, but I could have used better wording, so let me clarify: I <b>wasn't</b> saying the 50 mil bonus was part of the restructure, I was referring to two bills that weren't gonna get paid, the 50 mil bonus and the big cap hit. No doubt about the monstrous bonus though, it was unrealistic for McNair to see that money from the start. To simplify what you've said in a sentence, when the 50 mil was added, it was pretty much the two sides saying "alright, we'll deal with this when the time comes." And with more questions on McNair's health popping up, when the time did come, everyone was backed in a corner. Hypothetically, if there was absolutely no way McNair would give in to demands and refused to restructured... Nothing anyone can say will <b>justify</b> the classless act at the end of the day. Am I still mad? Nah, what's done is done and everyone eventually reconciled, no hard feelings. But it will always stand as a punk move.

And this ultimately might have ruined Vince's career as it started prematurely. The impression at first was he was gonna sit for McNair, and we know Vince idolized him growing up, so no doubt it would have benefited him greatly. After the mess with McNair, it looked like Vince would sit for Volek, but he was then demoted to 3rd string... What the hell happened with that, lol? I don't know much about that dude except some memories of that one good year he had with Drew Bennett, and then he was randomly shipped off for almost nothing. Also something about a lie he told Fisher that played a role? Anyone with more intel on that? Yeah, you could argue we were pretty crappy that year and had no chance so Volek was free to air it out at will to pad stats, but I really doubt he could have played any worse than Collins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar