Talk Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Our D is going to suck. I just wanted to be optimistic but oh well. The best hope is that our offense will be able to help our d by sustaining drives.

After my initial optimism about Ruud, talking personally to my Bucs friend he said prepare for disappointment. He'll make lots of tackles after the RB has 4 or 5 yards. But still, I'm glad for the so called on field coach aspect. Ruud will probably help some of these youngsters development. And maybe we won't be so weak against TEs.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I honestly don't think our D will be that bad, even if we don't add a S.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Everyone says that about pretty much every interior linebacker. We said good riddance to Tulloch, I went to the Bills boards and they were calling the Jags suckers, etc, etc.

4. Alex1939

I hope your right, but I'm doom and glooming on it. I think bottom 10 defense and about a 6 win season.

I'd love to be wrong and this be some weird lightning in a bottle type year for the Titans, that's what makes the NFL so great.

5. Alex1939

Tulloch seems kind of opposite of Ruud to me. Tulloch good vs run, Ruud good vs pass. But I see Ruud as calling out things to other defensive players and I'm not sure (don't think) Tulloch did that.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That's my impression as well, but I've never watched him play. My point is that you can't put a ton of stock in what fans say. I'm fine with LB's tackling guys for 4 or 5 yard gains. I just hope your friend doesn't mean he is going to get drug 4 or 5 yards before the tackle.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Ruud > Tulloch imo.

I like some of our other pick ups and we brought back Ford and Ball so this defense could be pretty solid. I think we can shock some people next year and contend for the division.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think the key to our defense will be our ability to adjust. Something that was non-existent with Fisher/Cecil.

By no means do I think we'll have a good defense, but I'll be happy with middle-of-the-road by seasons end and showing an ability to adjust.

9. theprizdfighter

No. He's a good tackler. I would rather have him hesitate on the run play and make the tackle after 4-5 yards then have Tulloch take 2 steps toward the line before he realizes the RB didn't get the ball and give up a 15-20 yd pass down the middle.

10. theprizdfighter

I agree with your first statement, but I think our D could turn out to be pretty good. I'm not saying a top 15 D, but one that most Titans fans won't expect.

Ayers and D.Morgan, IMHO, are gonna be the keys to this years D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar