Tales from Mini-Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hall was likely taking snaps because they needed more bodies back there.

If he's there when training camp opens, I'd be concerned.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

"Ahmard Hall took some snaps. Some believe that he is the front runner for running back. He is ready to take the challenge. You heard it here first"

Who are the "some" mentioned in this quote?

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I'm not concerned with Griffin. He may struggle a bit at CB for a little while...but that's expected. He has to learn the position (at an NFL level), adjust to playing there again, and learn the defense (both plays and concepts).

They'll probably leave him there for a while to see if he can 'get it.' If he can't, at least they'll know how much he can or can't cover one on one and move him to S (or possibly Nickel as well).

The bigger questions are...if he can't handle CB and is moved to S during TRAINING CAMP...who starts opposite Harper? Hill or do they give Finnegan a shot?

OR

If Griffin stays at CB...who's starting next to Hope at S? And please don't give me the initials LT!!!

If Brandon Jones is struggling, the Keyshawn aquisition is a must have (IMO). However, it's still too early to panic (and I think we sign Keyshawn just because he's better than Gage and more proven than BJones - and Givens likely out this season).

I also think hall is just getting reps because LenDale is hurt. Ya gotta wonder if the next move is to re-sign Brown...

Keep up the info E-Magic!

Gut

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

So my WRITTEN posts talk to you, eh?:rolleyes: Your little rant just made you look silly. Apparently you must not know 'bout me.:irked: Everything in my post comes directly from the practice field. (TitanJeff, would it be rude if I called him a Donkey?):rolleyes:

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Most of those are very plausible. I'd imagine White is still a bit out of shape, Griffin is struggling to learn a position he didn't play in college, Jones is struggling a bit having never been a #1. What do you guys expect? I don't doubt that Hall is taking snaps at RB, but I seriously doubt he's getting reps to start.

6. The Mrs

Gut, from what I understand, Chris's agent is in negotiations with the Patriots. Chris is still very miffed about the way he was treated by the Titans last year.

TitanJeff, there's "fuzziness" over LenDale's situation and he isn't serious about conditioning. Henry is still young and unproven. Hall is big, strong and can carry the ball. The closer to training camp, things will become more "concrete".

O.K., so Griffing isn't struggling. Perhaps I should have said that he's getting burned on routes by tight ends, consistently. His first instinct is to rush the line of scrimmage instead of looking for the receiver's route and covering it.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If we are trying to teach Griffin to play on the outside, what the hell is he doing covering TEs????

We've got 65 bloody receivers on the roster, surely they'd line up those guys outside.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

made no sense to me either.

:werd:

9. The Mrs

At the beginning of practices, players run drills in groups divided by position. It graduates to WRs, TEs and QBs going against the DBs. There are more WRs and TEs than DBs so DBs end up defending more than once in a drill. Since Griffin is trying to learn a new position, he is not paired up with Brandon, Justin or any of the more experienced WRs, so as not to frustrate or discourage him even more.

10. The Mrs

Anything else, perras? (Apologies in advance, TitanJeff)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar