Sure sub me in down 20 or 52 points

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DESTRO90, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This whole because a running QB hasn't won a superbowl before thus he never will is idiotic.
    My point was that during the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s they were probably saying that a Black QB would never win a superbowl since all previous winners were white.

Sheesh, follow, it's not hard.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Wait a second...you want the HIGHEST PAID player in the entire league to NEED help with other players that are the highest paid at their position?

Brady and Peyton among a few other passes make their receivers better, not the other way around. Quit making excuses and ask for more from your quarterback.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yea, and an NBA team with 5 centers has never won a title either, you think that will happen? The whole 'because it has never happened doesn't mean it won't' argument is a joke. You could say that about ANYTHING. I guess by that logic, just because my flashlight has never made my TV change the channel doesn't mean it never will. I can see what kind of mind it takes to support such an awful QB. It's embarrassing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I didnt get to see the game because i'm in Asia (luckily), what did Vince do? Throw a pick-6 or something?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Once again you fail to comprehend the simplest things.

You can't say that about anything, for example, your flashlight was not built or made to change TV channels so your comparison is irrelevant and not that point.

I never once mentioned Young. I am speaking in general about running Quarterbacks.
    You can use your idiotic and extreme points all you want, it won't detract from the fact the whole history has proven point is invalid.

6. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

Did you know that ALL NFL kickers used to toe kick field goals? The rationale was that the head on kick is more accurate. Then came along Pete Gogolak who started kicking footballs like soccer balls. He was laughed at and ridiculed for his way of kicking. Then people noticed he was very accurate. Nobody uses the straight ahead kicking style now.

Then there was the high jump in track and field. EVERYBODY used to run up and jump over the bar moving forward. The along comes Dick Fosbury who decides to go over the bar backwards. It didn't take long before the Fosbury flop become the dominant style.

So please don't tell me that because we do something a certain way today there is no better way of doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar