Super Bowl or Olympics?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 30, 2012.

?

Which would you rather have

Poll closed Aug 24, 2012.
  1. Super Bowl Ring

72.0%
  2. Gold Medal

28.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Olympic gold medal, no doubt and it's not even close. There's a new SB every year, the olympics is every 4 years.
    During SB week, it's all about football and super-controlled. During the olympics there is all sorts of distractions.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes

3. JCBRAVE

Do you think being in Denmark has any influence on your answer to this? I wonder if the Super Bowl being here in America makes it less important to football fans in other nations.

4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

What I would rather do? UHhh.... Watch Alex Morgan play soccer naked.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Most likely. A national champion is not a world champion. - Well... only in America.
    American Football is nearly only played professionally in the US (... and well, Canada, but ehm...).

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I find the Olympics pretty boring.

Superbowl is much more important to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

The Super Bowl is Jesus

And the Olympics are Paul

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I couldn't care less about the Olympics, I really couldn't.

The Olympic sports are so stupid I could care less if we win any gold medals.

Once upon a time, the Olympics were a time where the best athletes And warriors got together to represent their states.

Olympic sports: Wrestling. Judo. Boxing. Track and field. Swimming. Archery.

Not Olympic sports: Basketball.Gymnastics. Ping pong. Handball. Water polo. Every other stupid sport they play.

Ever wonder why they don't show wrestling or judo? Cause the USA gets their ass kicked. Cause other countries actually care about those events more than gymnastics and tennis

"We have the best fighters/athletes". That means something.

"We have the best basketball players". So? Who cares? It's just a game, it isn't much to be proud of IMO

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The correct answer is Gold medal.

Bo Schobel has a Super Bowl ring, while doing nothing for the Colts that season.

Waterboys have super bowl rings.

In most sports, a gold medal means YOU have achieved something special, and had a real part against the best in the world in a sport that is played worldwide (Football is only big in the USA)

They hand out tons of Super Bowl rings every year, to people who did nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if sponsors or fundraisers for the team get SB rings.

Plus, The olympics have a rich history. Every time we talk about "NFL History," We're basically saying one lifetime's worth of sport. NFL hasn't been around that long, and it didn't get HUGE until very recently, in most of our lifetimes.

10. JCBRAVE

Ok so after being a football fan most my life and watching a few days of Olympic games, I've concluded that the NFL has spoiled us all. And we've all been fooled to think a ring=gold medal. But really gold medals>>>Super Bowl rings.

The reason I say that is because:

In America football is like another religion, people eat sleep and crap NFL, we can't get enough, and the league knows this and capitalizes on it. Nothing wrong there, it's just that we don't need to care much about the Olympics cause we have the NFL.

People in other parts of the world dream of standing on the podium being given their medals, here in America no one really ever made that a big deal to us. The celebrations taking place in London are nothing. Yes they cheer and play your national anthem, but there's no crazy party taking place on the field, theres not even confetti flying around, it's pretty tame, therefor it seems less fun.

Thinking back as a kid winning the 50-yard dash every year at field day was awesome. They gave us medals and treated our field day like the Olympics. I actually got to run around the school with a flashlight with fake fire on top because of it LOL.

I never won a state title or national title while playing football so it's harder to relate my life to winning a Super Bowl (not that winning a 50-yard dash = being an Olympian) but still. I imagine wining those big games would be about the same as beating Stamford High for the city championship. That was a great feeling, but we won plenty of games, how many athletes ever get to compete for gold medals? I just think if football was an Olympic game, most NFL players would chose the gold medal over the ring, because then they'd' really be world champions.

A gold medal gets you respect anywhere in the world, a Super Bowl ring, not so much. Outside of the USA, Canada, and India, where else is American football a big deal? There's 204 nations competing in London right now, would even half of them know what the NFL is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar