Super Bowl or Olympics?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 30, 2012.

?

Which would you rather have

Poll closed Aug 24, 2012.
  1. Super Bowl Ring

72.0%
  2. Gold Medal

28.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With the Olympics taking place in London right now, and our 2012 season getting set to take off, I wanted to know whats a bigger deal to you, winning a Super Bowl or winning a gold medal in front of the worlds best athletes...

Obviously posting this question on a football forum will skew the numbers a little, but still worth asking.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Since football is my passion, I would have to go for a SB ring.

But, if it was an individual event like the 100m dash, then I would probably want that over a SB ring.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

depends

what position, how much PT for the superbowl ring

what sport for the olympic gold medal

I'd take being the starting QB for the superbowl winning Giants last year over winning a gold medal in paddeling. But I'd take a gold medal in track, with Usain Bolt type times over being at the end of the bench and winning a superbowl.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This question is pretty vague. Are you asking each of us what we would rather do? Or are you asking what is a bigger deal to the general public?

Also, there is a huge difference between winning the Super Bowl as a punter or as a starting quarterback. Equally huge difference between winning the gold in the 100m dash and equestrian.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What I prefer to watch: Super Bowl. Isn't even close because I hardly watch the Olympics. Couldn't care less about them, honestly.

However, I'd probably rather win a gold medal in an event, representing my country, rather than win the Super Bowl which is totally team based. Winning the gold is all you.

I dominated at the 100m dash in high school. Of course, my coaches - being the idiots that they are - always had me doing other events even though I was literally faster than every single person on my team and other teams. I got destroyed when I had to run for a long time.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I love watching the Olympic and Ive seen the US get a lot of Golds.

I havent, however, seen the Titans raise a trophy so id rather see one of those this year. Not to take away from the Olympics at all.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'd love to win a gold.

I was a pole vaulter actually and ran the 200m.

Terrible sprinter but above average pole vaulter.

I rowed in college for a year. I miss that.

I'd still take a Super Bowl though. I have always loved football, I just wasn't any good at it. Back up corner and 3rd string safety! Woot woot.

As far as fan hood?

I'd take a Titans Super Bowl over anything else.
    Followed closely by the USA winning the FIFA World Cup.

Tied, a Predators Stanley Cup and a Grizzlies Championship.

I've seen UT win a title. Ehhh don't care, all of the above are more likely to happen before UT wins another.

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

If the Titans Re in the SB, no question what my choice is. However, I can watch these women athletes all day (and track has not even started yet). Viva la Title IX.

9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'm sorry. I read the question wrong. I would take the SB ring. A gold in boxing would be a very close second.

10. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I'm biased because football was my only sport that I was ever good at so I say SB Ring. Although it would be cool to stand on that podeum knowing you just bet the best in the world and have that gold medal hanging from your neck. Gotta go with the SB Ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar