Super Bowl now most-watched ever (AP)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Upon further review, Nielsen Media Research now says that the Arizona-Pittsburgh Super Bowl game was the most-watched in history. Nielsen said 98.7 million people, on average, were watching Pittsburgh's exciting 27-23 victory Sunday night. That beats the 97.5 million who watched the 2008 game, which held the record for most popular Super Bowl.

More...

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

This years Superbowl was the most watched Ever!

NEW YORK -- Upon further review, Nielsen Media Research now says that the Arizona-Pittsburgh Super Bowl game was the most-watched in history.

Nielsen said 98.7 million people, on average, were watching Pittsburgh's exciting 27-23 victory Sunday night. That beats the 97.5 million who watched the 2008 game, which held the record for most popular Super Bowl.

On Monday, Nielsen had reported that this year's game had 95.4 million viewers -- impressive, but not a record-setter.

Nielsen explained the discrepancy of more than 3 million viewers by saying a more complete check of their records revealed additional viewership on some digital tier networks. The company hadn't been aware that they were showing the game.

Woo! I thought nothing would top last years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The entire game all I could think about is : THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR GAME.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

wow. Never expected that, seeing as this was probably nationally accepted as one of the least interesting Super Bowls in the last 20 years.
    Only one I have ever missed.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

didn't see 1 sec, no highlites, and I won't see any of it on purpose I can guarantee that

6. Deuce Wayne

I saw highlights as espn of course hyped a simple interception return as -no lie- "the best superbowl play ever". Almost made me vomit.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the only reason it reached that number was because of all the people who claim t be steeler fans.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No, it wasn't. It wasn't accepted that way at all. If you paid any attention at all after the Ravens game you'd know that.

9. Deuce Wayne

There was absolutely zero appeal to this game. The top story was Kurt Warner, for pete's sake.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

And Cards first appearance despite being oldest NFL team... and Steelers reaching for most titles.., and second SB title for a rookie who completed all the terms of his contract and won a SB his first season... and the dynamic play of Fitzgerald...

..but like you said yourself, you didn't watch it... you didn't pay any attention to it before or after... so you're not qualified to comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar